Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › They really don't like us....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 221 Guests

They really don't like us....

This thread currently has 5,401 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
July 19, 2018, 4:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
A Fishy thread about Lincoln reaches 2 pages....we are officially obsessed with them

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
TheGoalKipper
July 19, 2018, 4:48pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Quoted from Maringer
Seems fair looking at the situation from the outside but doesn't take into account just what he had to deal with when he came in. To be able to (eventually) get such an improvement from the squad he inherited was the impressive part. We may have squeaked home, but most here thought we were just about dead and buried long before then such was the disfunction state of our team.

I'm not expecting miracles this season - a hard-working and organised team which tries to play a bit  when given the chance will be fine for me and we can hopefully have a tilt at a play-off spot as well.

Thats what i see. Most of the players will be fine some VG but a few will be not as good as we hoped. MJ can then upgrade in those positions maybe in Jan or before next season.

If we are near to playoffs at season end can identify the weakness positions thats OK

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
dapperz fun pub
July 19, 2018, 5:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,905
Gold Stars: 82

You can read though?

Yeah I can read which Is why I come on here to post and read about my club not Lincoln not scunny the most successful club Lincolnshire as ever produced and the oldest  Grimsby town F.C.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
fleabag1970
July 19, 2018, 6:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Good read imo .... and one that highlights all the fears a grimsby fan must have going into next season if you are being honest with yourself .....

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
Garth
July 19, 2018, 6:08pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Pretty much factual, no problems with it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
The_Laughing_Mariner
July 19, 2018, 6:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Yes we played 3 of the bottom teams in the last 5 games. but so did all of the four teams in trouble play each other, so that cancels all that out, and we also beat play off chasing teams.  all 5 teams had something to play for when we played them, except for FGR when we were both safe, no mid table don't care teams.

The facts are correct, he' just presented them in a way that makes us look more fortunate.
Half of the Golden Boot's goals at the world cup were penalties....happens at all levels.
Yes there are concerns going forward, but the way MJ has conducted himself and his business since his arrival gives us hope for the future.  Whether that comes to fruition , we shall see!

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
ginnywings
July 19, 2018, 7:12pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Don't really care to be honest. I actually saw some proper football towards the end of the season, and we totally outplayed promotion chasing Notts County, with some great attacking football. The Cowley brand of football (so far at least) is awful to watch, and i know which manager i prefer. We got those penalties, because we kept going for 90 mins and tired defenders made rash decisions. The last minute winner against County was more than deserved too. Last time i checked, penalties and late winners count the same as any other goals. Once the pressure was lifted, we battered FGR with some great stuff.

They aint half getting uppity over there aren't they?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › They really don't like us....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.