Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -255
Gold Stars: 20
Grimsby Pete  

From someone who has just had knee replacement surgery I feel for him,

Its bloody painful and a long recovery period for average people,

To get back to full fitness to play professional football will be all season,

Best of luck young man and I look forward to you playing again next season,

You never know while you are recovering you might become a L1 player.

Oh don't say that Pete, im there a week on Monday for full knee replacement, guess its painful. Im having both knees replaced,one at a time, not looking forward to it now, gulp .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 89
speedy
July 13, 2018, 2:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +10 / -10
Approval: +445
Quoted from bigdavemariner
Grantley, he didn't give loads of info and was maybe biased with him talking about his son. He said he was playing the best football he'd played, in really good form and deserved to be starting (scoring goals and assists). The Cowleys brought someone else in and dropped him for no reason and then felt like he was frozen out. Felt like they had their favorites and man management wasn't their strong point. Some players need a rocket up them and others need an arm round the shoulder but they had 1 man management style and that's it.

This was just in a 10 -15 minute chat at the game. He wasn't slating them but certainly didn't come across as their biggest fans.

All opinions of course

Footballer gets dropped and doesen't like it. shocker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 89
Impish2
July 13, 2018, 2:53pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +55
Quoted from bigdavemariner
Grantley, he didn't give loads of info and was maybe biased with him talking about his son. He said he was playing the best football he'd played, in really good form and deserved to be starting (scoring goals and assists). The Cowleys brought someone else in and dropped him for no reason and then felt like he was frozen out. Felt like they had their favorites and man management wasn't their strong point. Some players need a rocket up them and others need an arm round the shoulder but they had 1 man management style and that's it.

This was just in a 10 -15 minute chat at the game. He wasn't slating them but certainly didn't come across as their biggest fans.

All opinions of course

Player that leaves a club in not particularly happy shocker.

Whitehouse played lots of games later in the season because of injuries, he wasn't dropped for anyone. He did well enough when he played and was offered a contract. No idea what sort of terms were offered but he must have felt it was financially more secure to go to you guys over two years than stay here for a year, if a year was what was offered.

It's really sad to see him injured so soon and I hope he comes back quicker than expected. He has age on his side is a very whole hearted young man which will help his fight to get back playing asap.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 89
supertown
July 13, 2018, 3:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,409
Gold Stars: 53

Oh don't say that Pete, im there a week on Monday for full knee replacement, guess its painful. Im having both knees replaced,one at a time, not looking forward to it now, gulp .[/quote]

I have had both ACL’s done , 20yrs apart . The one last year was a breeze . 12 weeks and a day I was back playing golf . The procedure is very much improved. As for knee replacements I know people who say it is the best think they ever did . Everyone is different with pain but personality I didn’t find it painful at all, just do all the exercises you are supposed too .
Good luck
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 89
grimsby pete
July 13, 2018, 3:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,763
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from dicko995
Grimsby Pete  

From someone who has just had knee replacement surgery I feel for him,

Its bloody painful and a long recovery period for average people,

To get back to full fitness to play professional football will be all season,

Best of luck young man and I look forward to you playing again next season,

You never know while you are recovering you might become a L1 player.

Oh don't say that Pete, im there a week on Monday for full knee replacement, guess its painful. Im having both knees replaced,one at a time, not looking forward to it now, gulp .

Its only painful at first mate  

I need my other one doing as well but for the first few days after the op I thought no I wont bother having the other one done.

Then things got better and better and now I am seeing the surgeon in 2 weeks hoping he puts me on the list to have my other done asap.

You will be fine mate .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 89
oldun
July 13, 2018, 3:33pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
sodomist
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 89
acko338
July 13, 2018, 3:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,204
Gold Stars: 33
There is no good knee operation but if the lad has natural fitness from pre season training, then with good rehabilitation and no complications from surgery, we should all hope for a clean and speedy recovery for the lad.

I'm guessing that even at our level, there will be insurance policies in place for long term player injuries.

Would he qualify for rehab at the National Centre through the Players Union?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 89
Cloudy
July 13, 2018, 4:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from acko338
There is no good knee operation but if the lad has natural fitness from pre season training, then with good rehabilitation and no complications from surgery, we should all hope for a clean and speedy recovery for the lad.

I'm guessing that even at our level, there will be insurance policies in place for long term player injuries.

Would he qualify for rehab at the National Centre through the Players Union?

Been discussing this today.

Would the policy be to cover his wages whilst he is unable to play? Wonder if it paid out for Kelly's time here?

Can you see Fenty paying the premiums when the likehood of it being claimed is slim?
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 89
hheh2
July 13, 2018, 4:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Lets just hope its not as bad as it could be. Damn

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 89
ginnywings
July 13, 2018, 5:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.06
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,952
Gold Stars: 531
That's terrible news, really feel for the lad. Just hope he can come back the same player somewhere down the line.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 89
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Whitehouse

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.