2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Jarmo.Is.God
July 11, 2018, 9:00am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
As a lot of transfer's have happened, who do you see as the following?

Promoted 4:

Town Finishing position:

Relegated 2:

Surprise team (In a good or bad way):

I currently reckon:
Promoted:
Notts County
MK
Lincoln

Grimsby - Via Play offs

Relegated 2
Morecambe
Yeovil

Surprise Team
Swindon - People expecting them to do well, but still think we got lucky missing out on Brown
Logged Offline
Private Message
GtfcGarner
July 11, 2018, 9:30am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +31 / -13
Approval: +1,788
Gold Stars: 26
Promoted:
Lincoln - 1st - Recruited very well and got rid of fringe players for their team.

Notts County - 2nd - excrement or bust for them spent a ridiculous amount on transfer fees/ wages but feel they have a good squad

Exeter - 3rd - Always a strong team and with Tisdale gone they may just break the hoodoo 3rd time round.

Play Offs
Mansfield - Just same with Notts County, paying stupid wages to attract players I know it doesn't always work but think they will be near the neck of the table.

Relegated
Macclesfield - With Aspin gone, he was involved with every day affairs at the club doing almost everything I know Macc havn't got a huge budget and may struggle this year.

Yeovil - Look to be floating above relegation every year and with them losing their best player Otis Khan to Mansfield can't see them replacing him all that well.

Suprise Team

Tranmere Rovers - Feel like they are a league team and they belong here. They get a good average at Prenton Park and think they will be mid-table with a view to possibly pushing at the playoffs.

Morecambe - I thought I'd be greedy and pick two, I really really like Morecambe's manager Jim Bentley and wouldn't mind him here in the future should Jolley ever venture elsewhere. Worked on a shoestring budget for a while now and keeps Morecambe's heads above water. I think he's recruited fairly well this year, we all know Zak Mills is a solid L2 player, probably mid table to lower end as he can defend spectacularly but his advantage isn't going forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
tanga_the_indestructible
July 11, 2018, 11:09am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +613
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Promoted:
Lincoln - 1st - Recruited very well and got rid of fringe players for their team.

Notts County - 2nd - excrement or bust for them spent a ridiculous amount on transfer fees/ wages but feel they have a good squad

Exeter - 3rd - Always a strong team and with Tisdale gone they may just break the hoodoo 3rd time round.

Play Offs
Mansfield - Just same with Notts County, paying stupid wages to attract players I know it doesn't always work but think they will be near the neck of the table.

Relegated

Macclesfield - With Aspin gone, he was involved with every day affairs at the club doing almost everything I know Macc havn't got a huge budget and may struggle this year.

Yeovil - Look to be floating above relegation every year and with them losing their best player Otis Khan to Mansfield can't see them replacing him all that well.

Suprise Team

Tranmere Rovers - Feel like they are a league team and they belong here. They get a good average at Prenton Park and think they will be mid-table with a view to possibly pushing at the playoffs.

Morecambe - I thought I'd be greedy and pick two, I really really like Morecambe's manager Jim Bentley and wouldn't mind him here in the future should Jolley ever venture elsewhere. Worked on a shoestring budget for a while now and keeps Morecambe's heads above water. I think he's recruited fairly well this year, we all know Zak Mills is a solid L2 player, probably mid table to lower end as he can defend spectacularly but his advantage isn't going forward.

Isn't Aspin at Port Vale?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
grimsby pete
July 11, 2018, 11:13am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221

Hello playmates  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
pizzzza
July 11, 2018, 11:13am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,657
Gold Stars: 135

He clearly meant Askey.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
grimsby pete
July 11, 2018, 11:17am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
[quote=1133]As a lot of transfer's have happened, who do you see as the following?

Promoted[
Notts County
Grimsby
Lincoln

Mansfield- Via Play offs

Relegated 2
Morecambe
Macclesfield

Surprise   Grimsby  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
Bigdog
July 11, 2018, 11:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
MK Dons
Northampton
Port Vale

Notts County

Bury
Macclesfield

Town - Missing a few bits of the jigsaw yet to hope for a play off push. Hopefully we'll  sign who we need in key areas over the next week or two

Surprise team - FGR
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
Cloudy
July 11, 2018, 12:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I think the surprise ( to some) will be that Exeter will struggle. Lost a few players and the change of manager will have an impact. Bottom 3rd for them IMO.

Notts County should walk it with their investment closely folowed by Lincoln and Mansfield and if they dont, heads will roll.
Play off contenders Colchester

Macclesfield and Morecombe to be relegated.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
AdamHaddock
July 11, 2018, 12:23pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,746
Gold Stars: 24
Promoted 4:
Northampton, Exeter, Notts, Colchester

Town Finishing position: 10th

Relegated 2:
Bury and Cheltenham

Surprise team (In a good or bad way):
Morecambe who just miss out on the play offs

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
Mariner66
July 11, 2018, 12:43pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +24
Promoted - Notts County, Grimsby and Milton Keynes

Play-offs - Mansfield

Relegated - Macclesfield, Morecambe

Surprise Team -  Us (Really think we have got something special going on at BP) and also think both Exeter and Lincoln will struggle. Exeter as Cloudy says and although Lincoln have signed Akinde, they can only play one way with Exeter sussing them out in the play-offs last year and hoping that more teams can this season..............starting on Aug 18
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › League 2 Predictions

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.