1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
BPMariner
July 10, 2018, 6:43pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: -61
Gold Stars: 6
Says that he's trying to get Koiki back though but Waring has gone for good https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2018/july/welsh-to-be-skipper/
Logged Offline
Private Message
BottesfordMariner
July 10, 2018, 8:32pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Koiki looked a good prospect from what I saw at Clee. Jolley sounds like he would like to see more of him so a loan may be a possibility.

Waring worked hard but looked no better than what we already have. We need better. There's been a number of posts already about our current striking options. I am certainly in the camp of those who feel we need a goalscorer of some description. Whether we can pick up a 25 goal man is debatable but I dont see any of the current crop getting 15.

None of the current players has a track record to suggest they can be a regular goalscorer

Rose. I haven't seen him play yet so cant really offer much of a opinion. Many feel he is a good prospect. But he is very young and inexperienced. Hasnt even played much reserve/youth football so to think he's going to come into the team and score for fun isnt realistic. Maybe he will get some opportunities this season but cant be relied upon. One for the future perhaps rather than now.

Cardwell. Works hard. Committed. I like that. Lacks pace however and simply doesnt look like a guy with a knack of putting the ball in the net. Would struggle to reach double figures imo.

Robles. Another with a CV thats far from convincing. Whatever the level in Spain he played at is like (and I certainly feel it is lower than League 2) didnt score much. I wouldnt go as far as to write him off as crap after 45 minutes of the first pre-season friendly. But another who looked one paced and not a natural goalscorer.

Cook. First impression from last week was neat link up play. May create space/chances for others but another it is hard to see him getting much beyond double figures.

Hooper. After struggling for most of last season got regular playing time when Jolley arrived and during the run in was one of our best players. Clearly his new found confidence made him a different player. Signed off last season with a very well taken hat trick. Looked sharp last week and is perhaps the best bet of the bunch to be a decent goalscorer.

Jolley worked a bit of magic last spring to turn around a team and players in a short space of time. The current striking options look a bit of a gamble hoping that Jolley can work more magic and find a answer.
Some potential perhaps but little evidence up to now we have a natural goalscorer amongst them that will help Town push into the upper echelons this season.

So for me we still need a proven striker who can put chances away. The search continues.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 4
Nelly GTFC
July 10, 2018, 9:10pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,724
Gold Stars: 30
Full Radio Humberside Interview here if anyone missed it earlier this evening..

[tweet]1016667799698247685[/tweet]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
bobbyturtle
July 10, 2018, 11:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Full Radio Humberside Interview here if anyone missed it earlier this evening..

[tweet]1016667799698247685[/tweet]

he wasnt asked if it was coming home haha

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
ginnywings
July 10, 2018, 11:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
As i suspected, we are working more on the training ground than in previous seasons, hence the scarcity of friendlies. Sounds like he is getting the team super fit and organised, which is fine by me and a welcome change from the same old merry go round of meaningless games that we have done since the year dot. Out with the old, in with the new.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ali Koiki and George Waring have gone

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.