Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Famewo: Season Loan from Luton (Centre-back)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 240 Guests

Famewo: Season Loan from Luton (Centre-back)

This thread currently has 5,668 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Nelly GTFC
July 6, 2018, 3:00pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,724
Gold Stars: 30
Position is left sided centre-back according to this link from 2016 when he signed his first professional deal with Luton Town >> https://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/2016/july/signing-akin-famewo-pens-pro-deal/
"We saw in the game the other day that as a centre-half, he's an excellent prospect," Luton boss Nathan Jones

Grimsby Town link >> https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2018/july/famewo-joins-on-season-long-loan/
Quoted from Grimsby Town Football Club
Grimsby Town Football Club are delighted to announce the season-long loan signing of Luton Town defender, Akin Famewo.

The highly rated 19-year-old joins us immediately after signing a one year contract extension with The Hatters, keeping him at Kenilworth Road until 2020.

Famewo has been part of the Luton Town from an early age, joining the Academy at under-11 level and signed a professional contract in July 2016 at the start of his second year as a Scholar, after travelling with the club to their pre-season training camp in Hungary.

He made his competitive debut for The Hatters in August 2016, making a substitute appearance in a 2-1 victory over Newport County, replacing new Town signing, Jordan Cook in the 86th minute of the game. Famewo was awarded his first start for the club in the EFL Trophy later that month, before making his EFL debut away at Hartlepool United in September 2016 in a 1-1 draw.

During Luton's successful promotion campaign during the 17/18 season, Famewo went on to make 8 appearances in all competitions.  

Mariners fans will have the chance to see the new signing tomorrow, as we travel to Cleethorpes Town for our opening pre-season fixture.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
dicko995
July 6, 2018, 3:09pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
Where did that one come from?. Not the signing I was expecting, but looks good on paper, good reports. Welcome Akin  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
lukeo
July 6, 2018, 3:45pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,307
Gold Stars: 136
Looks happy doesn't he haha, love the fact we are signing young fresh players. Let's see what he can do, welcome to GTFC.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
fiveallive
July 6, 2018, 4:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
It's good character building to come up north at 19 season long loan, let's hope he copes with homesickness aswell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
The_Laughing_Mariner
July 6, 2018, 4:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
How are we pronouncing his name?

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
Tommy
July 6, 2018, 4:29pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
From Luton website:

"We are pleased to announce that Akin Famewo (pictured below) has agreed a new one-year contract extension to 2020, and will join Sky Bet League Two club Grimsby Town on a season-long loan to gain more senior experience.

The 19-year-old left-footer has made 14 appearances for Nathan Jones’ side over the past two seasons, and the manager said: “We are delighted firstly that Akin has signed an extended contract. We have real high hopes for him as a footballer.

“He wants to play, he believes he’s good enough, but we have a number of real good left-sided centre-halves here. Alan Sheehan was our player of the year and that’s what he was competing against, so he’s had an element of frustration here within himself, but we believe that long-term Akin will be a wonderful player.

“We believe that he can go as far as he wants to go, that’s why we are delighted that he’s committed his future to us. We believe the right thing to do now is to get him game time and get him tested.

“He might not get the game time that satisfies him here, especially with the level that we’ve got in our squad, so we wanted him to go to the right club.

“I’ve had conversations with staff at Grimsby, and I know what kind of thing they are trying to do there. We feel that it ticks every box for a loan move for one of our young players.”

https://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/2018/july/akin--frankie/

The bit in bold there is very positive for our Club IMO, great to give off the right impression to clubs who could potentially loan us young players (as long as we back it up obviously).

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
Les Brechin
July 6, 2018, 4:55pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
Akinlolu Richard Olamide Famewo, to give him his full name!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
pizzzza
July 6, 2018, 6:28pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,700
Gold Stars: 137

I'm going for Akin Famewo.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
wigworld
July 6, 2018, 6:49pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Some sort of Serge Makofo style mix-up between this guy and Akinfenwa?

Looks a decent signing!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 15
promotion plaice
July 6, 2018, 10:59pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

What's short for Richard  

Seriously though welcome to GTFC Akin.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Famewo: Season Loan from Luton (Centre-back)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.