7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Mallyner
July 6, 2018, 11:22am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
It's sad as Rotherham were going to be a better quality side to test ourselves against, than most of the friendlies. How sad is it that grown men can't behave themselves at a friendly match and perhaps we should be demonizing the 30-40 'at risk.' Idiots who mascarade as football supporters.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 69
KingstonMariner
July 6, 2018, 11:24am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
South Yorkshire police have a long history of anti-working class actions/inactions. This pales into insignificance compared to their previous form. For example their response to those girls and their families to the grooming and rapes, seemed based on the police’s attitude that they were lower class scum.going back in time we had the Hillsborough disaster and before that their policing of the miners’ disputes.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 69
Northbank Mariner
July 6, 2018, 11:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
What a crock of a mans hairy parts!!...god forbid we draw them in a cup game!!!....just saying, would they expect us to play at a "neutral" stadium??...suppose then they could wash their hands with it, that stadium would have to be outside the south yorkshire forces boundary!!..bunch of frigging fairies.....coppers today just aren't what that used to be and another example of the nanny state we live in!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 69
BottesfordMariner
July 6, 2018, 11:45am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
This is pathetic.

That's now 2 pre season fixtures in the country of Yorkshire that have been cancelled. Ironically this fixture was a replacement for the York game.

Pre season games FFS. A few hundred Grimsby fans out of which there would be possibly a handful of idiots. But as it is only a friendly doubt they would even show up. In all my years of following Town I cannot remember seeing any trouble at a Town pre-season game. And I hope I never do.

Seems a total over reaction by the police.

Like has been said what will they do if we play over that way in a game that actually matters. What a great country this is.....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 69
diehardmariner
July 6, 2018, 11:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,533
Gold Stars: 536
Was looking forward to this and a new stadium.

I'm guessing the line they're putting out is that there's a concern of a venture into Sheffield for a retribution for the clashes in Cleethorpes in 2016.  Would this be the first time we would have played in the Sheffield area since?  Can only think of Chesterfield last August as something remotely close.

Either way, very disappointing and a bit shambolic really.  This, which followed the York cancellation, leaves a hole in our pre-season schedule and no doubt Jolley's plans.  Hopefully he can line up some other opposition of a similar standing to test ourselves against.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 69
oldun
July 6, 2018, 11:55am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Yes but last year's friendly against Sheffield turned into mayhem in the vicinity of the ground and in Cleethorpes. These incidents do have a bearing upon policing and other clubs. It is a pity the majority suffer for the minority but that is the way it is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 69
louth_in_the_south
July 6, 2018, 11:55am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,671
Gold Stars: 94
Did I read somewhere sheff Wednesday are taking 3500 for a friendly at Lincoln? How the fook will Lincs police deal with them ? Perhaps they can send some tips to SYorks plod ?!

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 69
Ipswin
July 6, 2018, 12:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from KingstonMariner
.going back in time we had the Hillsborough disaster and before that their policing of the miners’ disputes.

For felicitations sake are you still wobbling on about Hillsborough.

Much of the over the top policing in the miners strike was done by police from other forces drafted in and earning a fortune in overtime (a mate of mine got a house deposit together courtesy of Scargill) who were bored living away from home for long periods and just fancied getting stuck in

Anything else you want to blame the police for?

It was an unimportant football friendly FFS

Boring old fart

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 69
totalidiot
July 6, 2018, 12:34pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +341
Ridiculous overreaction,stupid and pathetic police force
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 69
Kris2
July 6, 2018, 12:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Are our fan`s really that bad

A lot of the fans on here seem to think they are badasses and talk how they miss the old days when they met the Millwall at the train station.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rotherham United Friendly Cancelled

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.