This thread currently has 3,469 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
July 4, 2018, 8:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I know ifollow is essentially something all/most of EFL clubs have and probably are obliged to do so.

I wonder if Town actually make any money from it or would it be more beneficial long term to give all info, interviews etc free of charge to everyone? I sometimes think the club are missing a trick by not saturating the local & social media with information to try and drum up interest and season ticket/shirt sales rather than holding stuff back unless fans pay for it?

I appreciate this is modern marketing but not certain a club like GTFC should just blindly follow the herd?
Private Message
MrFisherman
July 4, 2018, 9:00pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: -168
Why don't they get the Trust to run it😉😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
Cloudy
July 4, 2018, 9:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from MrFisherman
Why don't they get the Trust to run it😉😉

Run what? The EFL wide ifollow?
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
promotion plaice
July 4, 2018, 9:12pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

I don't think EFL clubs are obliged to subscribe to iFollow.......Accrington and a few mainly Championship clubs aren't signed up to it I think.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
Roast Em Bobby
July 4, 2018, 9:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,706
Gold Stars: 43
Quite happy with it personally now that you can stream away games
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
Kris2
July 4, 2018, 9:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Cloudy
I know ifollow is essentially something all/most of EFL clubs have and probably are obliged to do so.

I wonder if Town actually make any money from it or would it be more beneficial long term to give all info, interviews etc free of charge to everyone? I sometimes think the club are missing a trick by not saturating the local & social media with information to try and drum up interest and season ticket/shirt sales rather than holding stuff back unless fans pay for it?

I appreciate this is modern marketing but not certain a club like GTFC should just blindly follow the herd?

They give you 90% of stuff for free anyway. You occasionally don't get a 5-6 minute interview piece that isn't very interesting.

They don't give you commentary or match streams because then nobody would pay for it.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
TheGoalKipper
July 5, 2018, 3:37pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Have Ifollow now managed to block live streaming to UK residents using overseas IP's?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
fiveallive
July 5, 2018, 4:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from TheGoalKipper
Have Ifollow now managed to block live streaming to UK residents using overseas IP's?

I haven't read anything to say they have stopped it, I'll wait to the Macclesfield game and trial it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
July 7, 2018, 9:01am
Guest User
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
Quite happy with it personally now that you can stream away games

Is this a fact!  I am totally confused with this whole Ifollow thing,(Could be my age too), so if we take a dearer package, we can see all Town away matches all season, even if we live in the UK?
Reply: 8 - 18
Tommy
July 7, 2018, 10:12am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from 123614

Is this a fact!  I am totally confused with this whole Ifollow thing,(Could be my age too), so if we take a dearer package, we can see all Town away matches all season, even if we live in the UK?

Not quite. I've read it as, away games that are not within the Saturday 2.45-5.15pm blackout can be streamed to UK viewers. So any midweek games or early kick offs (Mansfield, Lincoln).

Edit: I now can't find where I might have read that so maybe wrong.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ifollow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.