Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wot? No season ticket sales thread?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 230 Guests

Wot? No season ticket sales thread?

This thread currently has 23,452 views. Print
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
July 27, 2018, 9:03am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Impish2

I don't think anything would change dramatically if we didn't get promoted. Not getting to the play offs would be frustrating given we have a much stronger squad than last season IMO. However lots of teams have also recruited well so it's not a league with that many stand out teams.

I reckon the chairman would be pretty patient and understanding if we didn't have as good a season even if this seems unlikely, he isnt like Dale Vince and think it's our divine right to do well.

Interested to hear your thoughts on the top 7 for the coming Season? Grimsby seem to be seen as midtable to struggling by most Imps fans whilst most Grimsby fans think mid table to Play Offs for us? Regards Lincoln I expect you to be Play Offs to Automatic and anything less I would see as under achieving given the outlay and expectation. The other teams in League 2 I haven`t really took a lot of notice but would expect Notts,Mansfield,Tranmere and those that came down to all be in or around the Play Offs and I think Grimsby and Vale will do much better than last Season and mount a challenge.Personally I thought the Cowley`s would have got the Ipswich job and was surprised they haven`t been poached but any number of London Clubs get off to a bad start I expect them to be in the running?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 154
1mickylyons
July 27, 2018, 9:06am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ska face
yet another £150k put into Lincoln by investors...

[tweet]1022478207046496261[/tweet]

That’s the equivalent of us having sold another 478 season tickets this morning.

How many have we sold, by the way? Absolute silence from the club...

Think I saw 2700 bandied about last weekend on Facebook? Given the off field stuff last Season it`s twice as many as I expected in April but 1k less than I hoped for given the optimism with MJ.Silence from the Club how unusual

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 154
Impish2
July 27, 2018, 9:19am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +55
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Interested to hear your thoughts on the top 7 for the coming Season? Grimsby seem to be seen as midtable to struggling by most Imps fans whilst most Grimsby fans think mid table to Play Offs for us? Regards Lincoln I expect you to be Play Offs to Automatic and anything less I would see as under achieving given the outlay and expectation. The other teams in League 2 I haven`t really took a lot of notice but would expect Notts,Mansfield,Tranmere and those that came down to all be in or around the Play Offs and I think Grimsby and Vale will do much better than last Season and mount a challenge.Personally I thought the Cowley`s would have got the Ipswich job and was surprised they haven`t been poached but any number of London Clubs get off to a bad start I expect them to be in the running?

Teams I expect in the top 7, Notts, Mansfield, Exeter, MK, Lincoln, Swindon, Northampton. Think Grimsby will finish around 12th? Us, Mansfield and Notts seem to have spent the most but very unlikely they will all go up

I don't see the Cowleys leaving for at least a couple more years, even if we have a disappointing season I expect they will get backed by the board again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 154
1mickylyons
July 27, 2018, 9:40am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Impish2

Teams I expect in the top 7, Notts, Mansfield, Exeter, MK, Lincoln, Swindon, Northampton. Think Grimsby will finish around 12th? Us, Mansfield and Notts seem to have spent the most but very unlikely they will all go up

I don't see the Cowleys leaving for at least a couple more years, even if we have a disappointing season I expect they will get backed by the board again.

Any reason regards Exeter and Swindon? Both played decent football here last season but they never leapt off the page to me for top 7?  

I just see the Cowley`s being offered a bigger Club in the near future and the danger for them if they don`t take it is will they see another offer afterwards? This isn`t new all Manager`s who have any success will come across this eventually and they would need to cash in whilst their stock is high personally I think this is a make or break season them and the Imps.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 154
marinerdazza
July 27, 2018, 10:22am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,780
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Impish2

12th will do me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 154
Mighty_Mariner
July 27, 2018, 11:31am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I expect the reported £1m compensation fee attached to the Cowley's contract is a big stumbling block for most teams. It's a ridiculous fee for a L2 manager but you have to commend the Lincoln board for making it as difficult as possible for bigger teams to come along and poach their management team.

That's my only gripe at the moment with Town in that this 6-month rolling contract offers no security against other teams coming in for them. I'd like to think that if we start well we'd put a 2 or 3 year deal on the table for them but I won't hold my breath!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 154
Croxton
July 27, 2018, 8:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,011
Gold Stars: 33
Around 2900 ST's sold and early bird offer plus Telegraph voucher still available says twitter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 154
nealeardleyscrossing
July 29, 2018, 12:27pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -323
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Cloudy

Has to be promotion this season surely? Investment in promotion otherwise people come under pressure, Imps will be no different to any other club in that regard

Not sure it has to be promotion this year as we have only been back in the league for 12 months. Though getting to the play offs last year has raised expectation.
We're better equipped this year I think, much better striker options, though Bostwick being injured is a blow, hopefully for us, he will be back soon.

I think Danny has some credit in the bank, but you're right , our new chairman wants to move us up the leagues and given we probably have the best squad in terms of quality in years, we should be getting in the top 7 - County and Mansfield have outspent us though so I suppose they should be up there too. I think it will be a very competitive league - Village greens wage bill will be higher than ours I imagine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 154
Grantley
July 29, 2018, 1:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
With the money you’re spending, anything but promotion is failure.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 154
Impish2
July 29, 2018, 1:25pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +55
Quoted from Grantley
With the money you’re spending, anything but promotion is failure.

A failure maybe, but hardly terminal whilst the chairman and the board has the backing and the funds to compete again next season if we don't go up. I am certain the chairman isn't thinking it's excrement or bust if it doesn't happen, and won't be putting any extra pressure on DC should we not do at least as well as last season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 154
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wot? No season ticket sales thread?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.