Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Wot? No season ticket sales thread?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 220 Guests

Wot? No season ticket sales thread?

This thread currently has 23,355 views. Print
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
NorthseaMariner
July 15, 2018, 3:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,518
Gold Stars: 11
My take on things are:-

We’ve no big investor behind us, we very little chance of getting a new stadium in my lifetime and no 7 day a week income stream. We are also not in a good place geographically or aesthetically.

So we will bumble on for as long as we can with nothing more than minor and infrequent success and I’m afraid that’s just the way it is.

That said I’ve got my ST and I’m hoping to enjoy the ride next season.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 154
KingstonMariner
July 15, 2018, 6:18pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
My take on things are:-

We’ve no big investor behind us, we very little chance of getting a new stadium in my lifetime and no 7 day a week income stream. We are also not in a good place geographically or aesthetically.

So we will bumble on for as long as we can with nothing more than minor and infrequent success and I’m afraid that’s just the way it is.

That said I’ve got my ST and I’m hoping to enjoy the ride next season.

UTM

That's the way it looks, but if you re-read Ska's original post you will see there are ways to maximise income which the club are leaving to one side. You've got to gain every edge that you can, and the sense I get is the club is content to bumble along.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 154
ska face
July 26, 2018, 3:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,370
Gold Stars: 824
yet another £150k put into Lincoln by investors...

[tweet]1022478207046496261[/tweet]

That’s the equivalent of us having sold another 478 season tickets this morning.

How many have we sold, by the way? Absolute silence from the club...
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 154
nealeardleyscrossing
July 26, 2018, 3:13pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -347
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from ska face
yet another £150k put into Lincoln by investors...

[tweet]1022478207046496261[/tweet]

That’s the equivalent of us having sold another 478 season tickets this morning.

How many have we sold, by the way? Absolute silence from the club...

I would imagine that is to cover the two loan signings we have made this week. They are decent players and will be on good wages, of which we will be paying now.

We would certainly never be able to buy Wharton, , their fans think he should be in their team, he signed a 3 year deal last week.

The lad we have just got from Bradford on a season loan, cost them over 200k last year from Accrington so I imagine he is decent dollar too.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 154
Cloudy
July 26, 2018, 4:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Directors buying shares? Ridiculous, why aren't they loaning the Club benignly?
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 154
Cloudy
July 26, 2018, 4:51pm
Whiskey Drinker

I would imagine that is to cover the two loan signings we have made this week. They are decent players and will be on good wages, of which we will be paying now.

We would certainly never be able to buy Wharton, , their fans think he should be in their team, he signed a 3 year deal last week.

The lad we have just got from Bradford on a season loan, cost them over 200k last year from Accrington so I imagine he is decent dollar too.

Has to be promotion this season surely? Investment in promotion otherwise people come under pressure, Imps will be no different to any other club in that regard
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 154
fleabag1970
July 26, 2018, 5:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
I heard a rumour that a certain chairman down the road was putting 300k a month in .... they failed and now he has pulled the plug . Cheap signings etc now ... nothing lasts forever in football

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 154
Cloudy
July 26, 2018, 6:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from fleabag1970
I heard a rumour that a certain chairman down the road was putting 300k a month in .... they failed and now he has pulled the plug . Cheap signings etc now ... nothing lasts forever in football

Yep, heard that figure myself. Never sustainable. Just gambled on getting back to the Championship and more tv riches
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 154
Impish2
July 26, 2018, 9:25pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +55
Quoted from Cloudy

Has to be promotion this season surely? Investment in promotion otherwise people come under pressure, Imps will be no different to any other club in that regard

I don't think anything would change dramatically if we didn't get promoted. Not getting to the play offs would be frustrating given we have a much stronger squad than last season IMO. However lots of teams have also recruited well so it's not a league with that many stand out teams.

I reckon the chairman would be pretty patient and understanding if we didn't have as good a season even if this seems unlikely, he isnt like Dale Vince and think it's our divine right to do well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 154
Cloudy
July 27, 2018, 6:34am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Impish2

I don't think anything would change dramatically if we didn't get promoted. Not getting to the play offs would be frustrating given we have a much stronger squad than last season IMO. However lots of teams have also recruited well so it's not a league with that many stand out teams.

I reckon the chairman would be pretty patient and understanding if we didn't have as good a season even if this seems unlikely, he isnt like Dale Vince and think it's our divine right to do well.

Surely it is not about tge strength of squad more about the money invested?

Nobody invests the huge sums ( for league 2) your guys have without expecting a return. That return surely has to be promotion?
Even before the latest big signings having 3 guys earning a combined £10k pw plus fees and signing on money demands 'success'.
Same situation applies at Notts if Nolan doesnt get promotion he will be out
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 154
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Wot? No season ticket sales thread?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.