Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wot? No season ticket sales thread?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 168 Guests

Wot? No season ticket sales thread?

This thread currently has 23,470 views. Print
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
July 12, 2018, 3:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Still not bought one and talked to my brother last night about it. He's not getting one and neither is my Brother in Law. My nephew is, so of the four regulars last season, only one has renewed, two are not renewing and i'm still undecided. Last season was a disaster on and off the pitch and i'm still p1ssed off with the club taking us for mugs season after season. Not seen anything yet that looks like anything will change much. Jolley is a breath of fresh air, but managers come and go. Think i will just buy tickets on an ad hoc basis and see how it goes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 154
Bigdog
July 12, 2018, 3:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from ginnywings
Still not bought one and talked to my brother last night about it. He's not getting one and neither is my Brother in Law. My nephew is, so of the four regulars last season, only one has renewed, two are not renewing and i'm still undecided. Last season was a disaster on and off the pitch and i'm still p1ssed off with the club taking us for mugs season after season. Not seen anything yet that looks like anything will change much. Jolley is a breath of fresh air, but managers come and go. Think i will just buy tickets on an ad hoc basis and see how it goes.

I understand your frustration Ginny. Jolley is a most welcome breath of fresh air but I feel that he's being used as a temporary (as long as he's here) smokescreen to cover inactivity at board level. Even though there seems to be an improvement in quality of signing so far coupled with the usual "bargain buys", I think Jolley is doing his very best within a Fenty driven football club. Love Jolley being in charge of the team as he seems to deliver, hate Fenty running the football club because he's delivered naff all in nearly two decades other than continually trying to justify his position at the helm..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 154
friskneymariner
July 12, 2018, 4:02pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Although I appreciate there is over 4 weeks to beginning of season I am getting a feeling of deja vu about not yet having a quality striker,should I be worried?

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 154
ska face
July 12, 2018, 4:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,620
Gold Stars: 840
Quoted from friskneymariner
Although I appreciate there is over 4 weeks to beginning of season I am getting a feeling of deja vu about not yet having a quality striker,should I be worried?

That’s probably because you posted about “not having signed a quality striker” on this very thread about two hours ago.

Yes, I believe you should be worried about the possibility that you have dementia.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 154
golfer
July 12, 2018, 5:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,424
Gold Stars: 115
Understand we have only sold in the region of 2K-can't see us getting to 3K as the early-bird prices shortly finish. nobody pushing sales-what's up with them ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 154
KingstonMariner
July 12, 2018, 7:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from golfer
Understand we have only sold in the region of 2K-can't see us getting to 3K as the early-bird prices shortly finish. nobody pushing sales-what's up with them ?

They were probably hoping England storming to the final would push a 1000 STs

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 154
moosey_club
July 12, 2018, 8:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from golfer

Not got mine yet....really not sure....on one hand....
fcked off with the wider running of the club, contempt for fans, ridiculous statements and goings on last season and the shambles of the season before, complete lack of value entertatinment and excitement for the money, first glimpse of the new players didnt exactly set my pulses racing

on the other ..
due to habit and love i will more than likely end up going so financially it makes sense to go ST....impressed with some of the simple subtle things that MJ did last season in limited time with limited resources...gives me some hope..convenience of pre bought ST saves trips to the ticket office in the week...

Would hardly blink when ST renewals came around in the past but dragging my heels this year.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 154
Croxton
July 12, 2018, 9:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
With this weeks GET and Exile £10 off vouchers it seems the club are aiming at the pre holiday market. You are not able to combine it with the Season ticket offer apparently. I was glad to pass my voucher on to a young family in the club shop within seconds of collecting my first ever Season ticket. Fill those empty seats!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 154
moosey_club
July 12, 2018, 9:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Croxton
With this weeks GET and Exile £10 off vouchers it seems the club are aiming at the pre holiday market. You are not able to combine it with the Season ticket offer apparently. I was glad to pass my voucher on to a young family in the club shop within seconds of collecting my first ever Season ticket. Fill those empty seats!

Exile $10 off ...  Where is that from ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 154
Croxton
July 12, 2018, 9:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Via online club shop. for non DN postcodes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 154
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wot? No season ticket sales thread?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.