Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wot? No season ticket sales thread?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 318 Guests

Wot? No season ticket sales thread?

This thread currently has 23,349 views. Print
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
July 5, 2018, 8:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,342
Gold Stars: 820
Agree completely with 1ml here. The Club had the perfect opportunity this summer to really make some changes and show some vision - something they assured us was coming in that long rambling statement following Jolley’s appointment.

What have we got? Frig all. A bit of tinkering around the edges and more excrement rolled in Jolley-glitter.

I said this about 6 weeks back and got shouted down.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 154
1mickylyons
July 6, 2018, 7:47am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,260
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from ska face
Agree completely with 1ml here. The Club had the perfect opportunity this summer to really make some changes and show some vision - something they assured us was coming in that long rambling statement following Jolley’s appointment.

What have we got? Frig all. A bit of tinkering around the edges and more excrement rolled in Jolley-glitter.

I said this about 6 weeks back and got shouted down.

They haven`t a Scooby in relation to marketing I`m embarrassed for them.In the unlikely event England win the WC on the 15th I would be running a Promo to celebrate with 20% off Season Tickets for a week (obviously reimburse those who have already bought ).The clamour for football will go through the roof and Town are in the position of being able to provide tickets.They will miss the boat with dithering about and being fearful of any extra work that might result instead of grasping and exploiting the situation like other Clubs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 154
KingstonMariner
July 6, 2018, 8:41am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 1mickylyons

They haven`t a Scooby in relation to marketing I`m embarrassed for them.In the unlikely event England win the WC on the 15th I would be running a Promo to celebrate with 20% off Season Tickets for a week (obviously reimburse those who have already bought ).The clamour for football will go through the roof and Town are in the position of being able to provide tickets.They will miss the boat with dithering about and being fearful of any extra work that might result instead of grasping and exploiting the situation like other Clubs.

We know the strategy for years has been to hope for a bit of England success, but they would never discount the tickets in the event of England winning. Their view would be that they’re even more likely to get sales so no need to discount.

And they would certainly not actively market tickets to the public at large because that would cost money and the attitude seems to be if you want one you would buy one anyway.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 154
1mickylyons
July 6, 2018, 8:54am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

We know the strategy for years has been to hope for a bit of England success, but they would never discount the tickets in the event of England winning. Their view would be that they’re even more likely to get sales so no need to discount.

And they would certainly not actively market tickets to the public at large because that would cost money and the attitude seems to be if you want one you would buy one anyway.

Yep the attitude is season tickets for sale.End Of.Been like that for 40 year`s and the Club are happy with it and I assume sales? I don`t say they are wrong to think that way I just think they have had over the year`s a lot of opportunities to cash in on the fans optimism.The Imps showed what can be done if you put in the hard yard`s early on after Promotion.We missed out BUT the feelgood factor from last season as most certainly carried on and provided yet another chance to set the record straight. The Club must have a set target probably around the 2.5-3k mark and if they hit that they are happy and probably if bench marked against other League 2 Clubs will be a decent number. Could they do more and hit 4k ST and sell the 6.5k home tickets most games is the key question?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 154
KingstonMariner
July 6, 2018, 9:06am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Yep the attitude is season tickets for sale.End Of.Been like that for 40 year`s and the Club are happy with it and I assume sales? I don`t say they are wrong to think that way I just think they have had over the year`s a lot of opportunities to cash in on the fans optimism.The Imps showed what can be done if you put in the hard yard`s early on after Promotion.We missed out BUT the feelgood factor from last season as most certainly carried on and provided yet another chance to set the record straight. The Club must have a set target probably around the 2.5-3k mark and if they hit that they are happy and probably if bench marked against other League 2 Clubs will be a decent number. Could they do more and hit 4k ST and sell the 6.5k home tickets most games is the key question?

I'd say they are wrong Mickey. They could definitely do more. If the attitude is to benchmark themselves against the mediocre, then that's what we'll get.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 154
1mickylyons
July 6, 2018, 9:42am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I'd say they are wrong Mickey. They could definitely do more. If the attitude is to benchmark themselves against the mediocre, then that's what we'll get.

No argument here I have done all I can to try and get the people to at least look at alternative options.The fans want a successful GTFC on and off the field the person who gets that right will have a black and white juggernaut on there hands as previously it`s always been one step forward two back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 154
moosey_club
July 6, 2018, 10:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,143
Gold Stars: 220
Any news on the exile package that JF said interested him when someone at the FGR game had a chat with him ?
I know i saw it on a recent trust meetings minutes but as yet no announcement has there ?

To be honest the figure we have shifted to date, on the back of a couple of embarrassing seasons isn't that bad really, its ok saying Jolley this Jolley that, but he still needs to win people over by getting results.

The end of season "feel good factor" , if avoiding the relegation places with a game to spare counts as that,   doesn't hide the fact that a season ticket last season felt like a ball and chain.

I have not renewed yet, still considering it, i will more than likely renew but only out of the fact a 40yr habit is fking hard to kick,  i am not a purchaser who will be wildly excited or expecting big things, just buying out of a deep love and habit in all honesty....will say though that if the price freeze hadnt been announced i would have broke the habit no matter how hard.

Post edit -- i will add though that at least the club appeared to have listened to previous criticism of the statement by JF when it came to why other clubs can advertise and even sell their next season ST's  before the season has ended, never mind in May/June.  JF was roundly slated for his "to give time so you can forget the last season" type comment so tiny credit there for listening at least and getting them out in June.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 154
ska face
July 6, 2018, 12:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,342
Gold Stars: 820
Sorry but I’m loath to start dishing out credit for something that a) is standard practice at every club on earth bar GTFC b) the fans have been calling for for years, even to Fenty’s face at numerous fans’ forums, and been met with urine-poor excuses and c) hasn’t really even been capitalised on in any meaningful way.

It really is such a basic idea - make hay whilst the sun shines. Put some extra effort in now, take advantage of the situation and you might find yourself either benefitting down the line from increased budgets and better attendances, or you might not have to waste your time trying to flog tickets when it’s pissing down and freezing cold in February to people who might’ve otherwise bought in August with a bit of a push.

I just don’t understand why the club have to be dragged kicking and flipping screaming into doing anything worthwhile? The culture is toxic, negative and stultifying.

Do the club think there’s a shortage of innovative, ambitious people wanting to get involved in the industry? Marketing, events, engagement, fan-experience, media - people are breaking their backs to get into football in these positions and GTFC would be an incredible opportunity for someone to move their career on, why are we accepting such low standards?

People might look at this and think “oh why are people always complaining?” - it’s because we KNOW there is so much potential, in the fans, in the club, in the area, but nobody’s arsed about achieving anything.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 154
FishOutOfWater
July 12, 2018, 1:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Does anyone know what the difference is between a "young adult season ticket" and a ""young adult season ticket" as shown on the OS

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets/

I could get in touch with the club to clarify I guess but maybe someone on here already knows why one is more expensive than the other?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 38 - 154
friskneymariner
July 12, 2018, 1:50pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
I have my season ticket since they were first on sale,but feel very deflated we have not signed a quality striker as of yet,think that would boost sales.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 154
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wot? No season ticket sales thread?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.