Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wot? No season ticket sales thread?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 94 Guests

Wot? No season ticket sales thread?

This thread currently has 23,469 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Bigdog
July 31, 2018, 9:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from headingly_mariner

You’re getting an insight from someone who worked closely
with those that run the Club and the Trust. He’s already told us that someone on the club’s board wrote communications for the Trust. He’s telling us that sections of the Trust board don’t want to act on the results of the survey.

These are the things we need to know and expose the mismanagement of the club. How can it change if these things aren’t brought to light?

There are some good people who are really trying their best to help the club and the fans, let's not forget that. But as Bax has alluded to, critical speculation by many on here over the years regarding how the club is run and also certain elements of the Trust are not that far from the actual truth. They have been given the benefit of the doubt and too much goodwill for far, far too long. And who pays in the end? Us fans. There's been far too many people at the top with far too little ability investing sod all cash and ideas. Hats off to 1mickylyons and ska face for having a good go at trying to make a difference in frustrating circumstances..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 154
Bigdog
July 31, 2018, 10:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

To be clear by regime I mean Fenty et al. Promotion under Jolley - to 3.5k in the first season maybe 4k absolute tops and then he gets poached...

And in IMHO GTFC are a bigger club than Rotherham United for example
, but until those that run the club run it like it is the 140th anniversary and not 1978 we are stuck in the cycle of relative decline.

Rotherham are a bigger club than GTFC. Fact. Higher attendances, higher turnover, better players, consistently higher up in the football pyramid, all in the past twenty years. They've even got a brand new stadium sorted. They overtook us years ago and have remained ahead ever since like many other clubs who were our peers. We're getting left behind and our fanbase has got to face up to facts and stop clinging onto past histories which have no influence on how the club competes in the present never mind the future..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 154
Grim up north
July 31, 2018, 10:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +689
Gold Stars: 1
I don't think it's just the clubs fault it has been left behind .You look at other Towns/Cities and they on the whole seem to be pulling together to build better facilities for their residents with council / local business backing. Here we seem to have a backward council in the past and a large percentage of residents happy to wallow in apathy, look at the amount of letters when the Auditoreum was suggested and the moaning of a "White Elephant". This Town needs a leader with vision and Enthusiasm to match Jolleys and we could start to see crowds and facilities we should've had in place 20 years ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 154
barralad
July 31, 2018, 10:26pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from headingly_mariner

You’re getting an insight from someone who worked closely
with those that run the Club and the Trust. He’s already told us that someone on the club’s board wrote communications for the Trust. He’s telling us that sections of the Trust board don’t want to act on the results of the survey.

These are the things we need to know and expose the mismanagement of the club. How can it change if these things aren’t brought to light?

I have never had an issue with Bax and was extremely sorry to see him leave the Trust Board. However he hasn't been formally involved in any of the discussions post-survey  certainly at Board level so I'm unsure where this inference has come from. You probably wouldn't expect me to say any other but the entire Trust board are committed to enacting the findings of the survey.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 154
Limerick Mariner
July 31, 2018, 10:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,691
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Bigdog

Rotherham are a bigger club than GTFC, Fact. Higher attendances, higher turnover, better players, consistently higher up in the football pyramid, all in the past twenty years. They've even got a brand new stadium sorted. They overtook us years ago and have remained ahead ever since like many other clubs who were our peers. We're getting left behind and our fanbase has got to face up to facts and stop clinging onto past histories which have no influence on how the club competes in the present never mind the future..

with all respect, you are missing my point, until they got their new stadium they weren't - [url]http://www.rotherhamunited1925.co.uk/#/league-attendances/4543766957[/url]

It's not a case of clinging onto past histories - one of the key moments in the club's history was the Main Stand and Barrett failing safety regs in 1981. It is with benefit of hindsight I admit, but the failure to act decisively to that in any way or form, other than building the Findus Stand (a cramped and already totally dated structure) in the past 38 years is one of the reasons why, yes - Rotherham are a bigger club now...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 154
Bigdog
July 31, 2018, 10:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

with all respect, you are missing my point, until they got their new stadium they weren't - [url]http://www.rotherhamunited1925.co.uk/#/league-attendances/4543766957[/url]

It's not a case of clinging onto past histories - one of the key moments in the club's history was the Main Stand and Barrett failing safety regs in 1981. It is with benefit of hindsight I admit, but the failure to act decisively to that in any way or form, other than building the Findus Stand (a cramped and already totally dated structure) in the past 38 years is one of the reasons why, yes - Rotherham are a bigger club now...

Apologies, I didn't fully take in the context of your original post mate..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 154
promotion plaice
July 31, 2018, 11:15pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,040
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from Bigdog

Rotherham are a bigger club than GTFC. Fact. Higher attendances, higher turnover, better players, consistently higher up in the football pyramid, all in the past twenty years. They've even got a brand new stadium sorted. They overtook us years ago and have remained ahead ever since like many other clubs who were our peers. We're getting left behind and our fanbase has got to face up to facts and stop clinging onto past histories which have no influence on how the club competes in the present never mind the future..

Any news on the progress of the new stadium ?......I can't wait to buy a season ticket in the Fentydome.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 154
KingstonMariner
July 31, 2018, 11:25pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Bax, is there a reason why you don’t just explain what went on and share the email you referred to?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 154
Cloudy
August 1, 2018, 7:18am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Bigdog

There are some good people who are really trying their best to help the club and the fans, let's not forget that. But as Bax has alluded to, critical speculation by many on here over the years regarding how the club is run and also certain elements of the Trust are not that far from the actual truth. They have been given the benefit of the doubt and too much goodwill for far, far too long. And who pays in the end? Us fans. There's been far too many people at the top with far too little ability investing sod all cash and ideas. Hats off to 1mickylyons and ska face for having a good go at trying to make a difference in frustrating circumstances..

I am sure there are also some good people on the Trust board who are ALSO fans, in many cases home and away stalwarts!

These are the guys who put their heads above the parapet and actually try and make a difference rather than those who squeal and shout without getting from behind their keyboard.

I am sure they make errors but as Barralad often posts, you won't get killed in the rush of people wanting to get involved and effect change.

I wouldn't want to do it as the criticism doesn't seem worth the time and effort, hats off to those who do
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 154
1mickylyons
August 1, 2018, 7:50am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
IMHO if people don`t step out from the fanbase and help in anyway they can then based on what we have seen previously the football club will continue to fall behind other clubs. I have no desire to spend my life thumping the keyboard in frustration and anger at all things GTFC but that`s how it`s been for a long while.GTFC do some fantastic things that go under the radar and are not always fully appreciated but the main criticism from the fans is the lack of Oooomph to change anything.The ST being a prime example no drive from the office and no noticeable change in 40 year`s on how they are sold.When fan`s question this the Club seem to take umbrage rather than embrace the idea that actually maybe with some leg work we could sell a greater %.Nobody at GTFC seems to want to do that leg work clearly they read the Fishy so why not answer some questions.Here are 3 reasonable ones......

In the last 40 year`s prior to this Season in relation to ST sales what have those employed in the GTFC ticket office done to try and further increase sales?

GTFC have approx. 7000 seats for home supporters with an average home gate around 4500 what do you think other than obvious on field success you can do to sell those other 2500?

The matchday experience at BP is often diluted by problems with parking.Have the football club ever explored a short/long term solution to this for example a park and ride scheme from what was Pleasure Island?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 154
16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wot? No season ticket sales thread?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.