2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
SuperDan16
June 26, 2018, 5:36pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +49
Furthering my post from yesterday.

Are any teams on the lookout for new players, I’m wanting to get back into playing to regain some fitness and meet some new mates.
If anyone has any space for a slightly overweight but hard-working full-back/central midfielder then please let me know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
Mallyner
June 26, 2018, 8:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Hagrid
yeah got sent these rules last night for my team, absolute joke

Jack Whattam will be turning in his grave.   I once had to play in goal a week after having the plaster taken off my broken leg, as we only had 6 players.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
Les Brechin
June 26, 2018, 9:20pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Mallyner

Jack Whattam will be turning in his grave.   I once had to play in goal a week after having the plaster taken off my broken leg, as we only had 6 players.

That must have been a long time ago as for as long as I can remember the minimum number of players needed to start a game is 7.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
lukeo
June 26, 2018, 10:57pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,364
Gold Stars: 143
Quoted from Les Brechin
Quite radical changes to local Sunday League footy next season.

There will be 5 subs allowed each game and they will be roll on roll off, so you can bring a player off after half an hour and then bring him on again in the second half and also instead of a yellow card for dissent, it will be 10 minutes in the sin bin!!

Seems like the Sunday League committee are making the rules up as they go along. I did used to help run a team until a couple of seasons ago but I'm quite glad I'm out of it now.

Taunton saturday league where one of the first to trial this. Seems to work OK apparently. I'm not so keen on it but will see, ive recently been confirmed to run a team next year in that league... For some reason they usually are one of the first leagues to trial stuff (ie sin bins etc also?)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
arryarryarry
June 26, 2018, 11:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Les Brechin
Quite radical changes to local Sunday League footy next season.

There will be 5 subs allowed each game and they will be roll on roll off, so you can bring a player off after half an hour and then bring him on again in the second half and also instead of a yellow card for dissent, it will be 10 minutes in the sin bin!!

Seems like the Sunday League committee are making the rules up as they go along. I did used to help run a team until a couple of seasons ago but I'm quite glad I'm out of it now.

Don't the club secretaries vote on rule changes?
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
Mallyner
June 27, 2018, 6:18am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Les Brechin

That must have been a long time ago as for as long as I can remember the minimum number of players needed to start a game is 7.

That is correct Les, only six had turned up and having just had my pot removed a few days before, I had only gone down to watch. I was wearing ordinary clothes and you can imagine how busy I was in goal with only 7 men, although 2 more did arrive near to half time.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
Les Brechin
June 27, 2018, 7:10am

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from arryarryarry

Don't the club secretaries vote on rule changes?

They do yes, but it's the committee that propose them in the first place.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sunday League Next Season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.