Abdul19
June 22, 2018, 8:28pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from Ipswin

No chance if that fat illegitimate Fry has anything to do with it.
Remember the Bennett deal and Fry's intervention just before they sold him to Norwich,
Fry will offer to buy out the sell on clause for a fiver and Fenty will go for it.

But that didn't happen, did it?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 79
chaos33
June 22, 2018, 8:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Six figure deal covers a big range, but even at 100k worst case, it's good business for the club. Can't see it as a great move for the player but good luck to him and his agent - it's their choice. Can't see him being 'mentored' by Evans - more than likely bawled at, but all the best to them. Ker Ching.

On we go.....

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 79
moosey_club
June 22, 2018, 8:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Cheers Siriki, by and large he offered the only chinks of excitement in a pretty poor season , some lovely skill, some outstanding moments so thank you for those .....
not often or consistently enough and usually followed by a heap of disapointment come the end product but thanks anyway.

Now go earn us a few million with a hefty sell on clause  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 79
HertsGTFC
June 22, 2018, 8:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Not big or physical enough for L1 IMHO, don't wish the lad bad luck far from it I hope he flourishes. However his agent needs a slap as Evans will not be with the Posh in 2 seasons time and Dembele might just end up disappearing, he could have gone to more stable clubs in L1 or 2.

Good business by GTFC all the same, 100% of the money needs to go to MJ.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 79
promotion plaice
June 22, 2018, 8:55pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Not big or physical enough for L1 IMHO, don't wish the lad bad luck far from it I hope he flourishes. However his agent needs a slap as Evans will not be with the Posh in 2 seasons time and Dembele might just end up disappearing, he could have gone to more stable clubs in L1 or 2.

Good business by GTFC all the same, 100% of the money needs to go to MJ.  

After last seasons great escape it would be criminal if it didn't.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 79
monkeyboy
June 22, 2018, 9:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
He will do well in the reserves at Posh
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 79
Hannilowe
June 22, 2018, 9:21pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: -74
hope the bench is comfortable over at the ABAX!

GTFC Transfers 2018/19

IN:
Alex Whitmore (CB), Louis Robles (ST), Harry Davis (CB), Elliott Whitehouse (MF), Jordan Cook (MF), Jake Hessenthaler (MF), John Welsh (MF), Akin Famewo (CB) [LOAN], Sam Russell (GK), Charles Vernam (ST)

OUT:
Sam Kelly (MF), Siriki Dembele (MF), Luke Summerfield (MF)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 79
MarinerRob
June 22, 2018, 9:24pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
I remember at Barnet him 'skinning' the full back. He jinxed this way and that way and left him for dead leading to Sam Jones' goal. I've looked at the video several times and still don't know how he did it. One moment he was heading directly to the by line and the next headed to the center of the pitch. The poor full back's face was a picture. He reminded me of Trigger in Fools and Horses after Del Boy fell through the bar and Trigger looking bewildered as to where Del Boy had gone.

Port Vale away when he got his first goal was really great for him as he had been trying so hard. He was estatic.

As someone else said he lit up the pitch in the first half of the season and looked great but little came of it but it was good to watch. Good luck to him. I'm sure he will need it under Evans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 79
June 22, 2018, 10:00pm
Guest User
Six figure sum ????
Do think Evans has got confused over the wrong Dembele?
Reply: 58 - 79
grimsbybrown
June 22, 2018, 10:10pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 2
If he meant his second goal at Cheltenham (and I think he did) then he remains one of the most naturally talented players I've seen at Town for a long long time.

I also recall some suggestion Peterborough were keen last summer, and he might have been picked up before August had ended - Slade certainly said, what Dembele?  When asked if any contact had been made in any of our squad.  He moved the conversation on quickly.

Yes, there were questions of application, and not handling people doubling-up on him, and then all the problems that come from being in a poor team.  He was garbage at Coventry away for example - but I also suspect he wasn't fully fit.

If a team can make that early season form consistent, and with gradual coaching improve decision making they've got a gem.  Let's hope for that - maybe a sell-on % may prove to be worth more than the undisclosed fee we've had.  My personal view is that he'll rise further up the leagues rather than drop down them.

He's a young lad - I wish him well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dembele to Peterborough

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.