Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cook Signs
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 118 Guests

The last message you viewed in this thread was reply number 46.

Cook Signs

This thread currently has 11,582 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
June 23, 2018, 12:10am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
[img]https://img.etsystatic.com/il/9ff8bf/729596429/il_570xN.729596429_oxsw.jpg?version=0[/img]

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 40 - 50
cannylad68
June 23, 2018, 6:55am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
Don't you think it's better to wait and see regarding these new signings, heaping praise on them before kicking a ball is plain daft.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 50
June 23, 2018, 9:15am
Guest User
Quoted from GrimRob
From the Fishy news site

https://thefishy.co.uk/story.php?id=8503373:

Luton fan "Keith", was less than enthusiastic about his team's former player. He told the Fishy: "Cook was a complete waste of space for us. Why on earth have you signed him? He isn't a striker. He's a midfielder who goes missing. Our manager Jones said he was the most skilful player on the training pitch but we never, never saw that in a match. Jones gave him every chance and he failed every time. It hasn't hit our message board (http://members.boardhost.com/lutonoutlaws) yet, but watch for their comments.

"Best of luck for next season. You look as though you are amassing a good squad bar Cook. Manager looks good too. You deserve it after last season. Shame we won't see you with us in League One the season after next (as we'll be in the Championship)."

Rather than taking as gospel, something that 'Keith' says, how about a quote from his former manager:-

Luton manager Nathan Jones said: “People have to realise is Jordan came here as a striker or a number ten, and to be fair, because of how good a footballer he is and how good an athlete he is, we played him pretty much through the diamond.

“How he was in training, I can assure you there’s not a better footballer at our club and he added to everything, as the way we train, the way we develop, we need a good environment, Jordan added to that.

“Yes, he could have shown more in terms of when he did get his chance in the position, but to be fair to him, we had ones who we preferred in the striking positions, so then we always found a position for Jordan and he never found any continuity and that at times wasn’t his fault.”

Reply: 42 - 50
wiggers
June 23, 2018, 9:33am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +460
Gold Stars: 11
What I like most about this signing and all other signings so far is we are getting business done early ready for pre season. I don’t know much about any of the signings made but I never do, I will reserve my judgement until they’ve played a number of games in a Town shirt. I just feel the last few seasons we’ve been scratching around right at the end of the summer trying to fill the gaps within the squad. So looking forward to the season kicking off!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 50
Garth
June 23, 2018, 10:24am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Seems to me that the manager is looking for certain players to slot into his mindset of a young strong minded team rather than going for the obvious.
Time will be the judge, to me it's a refreshing approach
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 50
sam gy
June 23, 2018, 11:02am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,386
Gold Stars: 53
Not for one moment getting carried away here, but remember how Buckley used to sign players that no one had heard of, cast offs from other clubs, because he knew they could play a certain role in a certain way, and could form part of a cohesive unit?

That.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 50
arryarryarry
June 23, 2018, 11:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Quoted from 123614

Rather than taking as gospel, something that 'Keith' says, how about a quote from his former manager:-

Luton manager Nathan Jones said: “People have to realise is Jordan came here as a striker or a number ten, and to be fair, because of how good a footballer he is and how good an athlete he is, we played him pretty much through the diamond.

“How he was in training, I can assure you there’s not a better footballer at our club and he added to everything, as the way we train, the way we develop, we need a good environment, Jordan added to that.

“Yes, he could have shown more in terms of when he did get his chance in the position, but to be fair to him, we had ones who we preferred in the striking positions, so then we always found a position for Jordan and he never found any continuity and that at times wasn’t his fault.”

You don't usually get a former manager coming on and saying I'm sorry but I signed a excrement player.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 50
arryarryarry
June 23, 2018, 11:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Quoted from cannylad68
Don't you think it's better to wait and see regarding these new signings, heaping praise on them before kicking a ball is plain daft.

I fully agree, that's why I rarely come on and post comments such has he's a great signing or he is a fantastic manager.

Let's wait and see how we do.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 50
forza ivano
June 23, 2018, 11:37am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,133
Gold Stars: 265
I wonder whether he might spend some of the budget on Jason gilchrist who he had at burnley and who has been scoring goals for fun with fcum and southport.plus either Simeon Jackson or a forward of similar experience and ability
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 50
forza ivano
June 25, 2018, 2:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,133
Gold Stars: 265
just listened to his interview and got the impression that he's very rarely been played in his preferred position, which must be very frustrating. sounds like mj is going to give him a chance to play up front, which is why he decided to come.presumably that means we will be needing a big old lump for him to play off. someone like The Shop maybe?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cook Signs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.