Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Warrington departs
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 250 Guests

The last message you viewed in this thread was reply number 29.

Warrington departs

This thread currently has 13,075 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
topuphere666
June 22, 2018, 9:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from promotion plaice

Agree with this but didn't Bignot try to make changes and there was a revolt allegedly.

Not saying this will happen under Jolley.

Difference is, MJ knows what he’s doing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 45
HertsGTFC
June 22, 2018, 9:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Sorry to see him go, To understand his contribution look at last seasons POTY and how his game has vastly improved in the last few seasons.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 45
Cloudy
June 22, 2018, 9:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I'd go as far as saying if this had been announced 4 or 5 weeks ago then we may well have been seeking a new first choice keeper.
I get the impression that McKeown likes to be settled, comfortable and relaxed and that includes working with someone he knows, likes and appreciates.
The new guy may not have the instant rapport and that could upset Macca. Not everyone needs a kick and taking out their comfort zone, some need continuity.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 45
KingstonMariner
June 23, 2018, 12:25am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Cloudy
I'd go as far as saying if this had been announced 4 or 5 weeks ago then we may well have been seeking a new first choice keeper.
I get the impression that McKeown likes to be settled, comfortable and relaxed and that includes working with someone he knows, likes and appreciates.
The new guy may not have the instant rapport and that could upset Macca. Not everyone needs a kick and taking out their comfort zone, some need continuity.

intercourse knows why this post deserves red crosses. Maybe there's an antipathy towards a bit of grown up balance.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 45
Mighty_Mariner
June 23, 2018, 1:18am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Cloudy

But you very rarely see continuity in lower league football - coaching teams are always chopping and changing. Surely a big part of being a professional footballer is being adaptable?!?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 45
Mighty_Mariner
June 23, 2018, 1:19am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from KingstonMariner

intercourse knows why this post deserves red crosses. Maybe there's an antipathy towards a bit of grown up balance.

Or maybe people are thinking Macca is a professional who's worked under a number of management teams and will actually just get on with it and not let a change in coach affect him too much!!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 45
topuphere666
June 23, 2018, 8:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Yea, if Macca only signed because of AW our issues are far greater than we ever thought. I would imagine JM has signed because he believe in what’s happening around the club currently and wants to be part of it after a very up and down 6 years with us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 45
Posh Harry
June 23, 2018, 8:57am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,344
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from topuphere666
Yea, if Macca only signed because of AW our issues are far greater than we ever thought. I would imagine JM has signed because he believe in what’s happening around the club currently and wants to be part of it after a very up and down 6 years with us.

I’m sure AW was only a tiny part of why Macca signed a new deal. A higher wage (I assume), a 3 year deal, and keeping his family settled in the area would have been far higher on his reasons to stay when you listen to his interviews.

As others have said, Warrington seems a good bloke, but how much has Macca improved in the last few years? Probably a bit but he has always been a superb shot stopper, his weakness has always been commanding his box, and that has probably got a little better but is still not good enough to make a keeper who can go much higher imho.

He is still young in keeping terms though and if he did improve on that then he certainly has the other attributes to play at a higher level, ideally with us.

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 45
Garth
June 23, 2018, 8:58am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
The club is always greater than the sum of its players, I'm sure that warrow as Macca calls him can and will be replaced life goes on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 45
moosey_club
June 23, 2018, 11:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,202
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from sam gy
Three words:

BRING

BACK

STEVIE

Coming up to retirement age now and hung his gloves up in 1998...not sure he would be suitable for the task....but i believe he still lives locally so fits the MJ brief.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Warrington departs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.