1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
WesternMariner
June 22, 2018, 1:54pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +880
Gold Stars: 34
It may be due to the fact that the Falklands war occurred at an impressionable stage of my adolescence but I canโ€™t be the only one who took great delight in the Croatian victory yesterday. I particularly enjoyed seeing the agony on Maradonnaโ€™s coke bloated cheating face and the Argentina players reverting to type moaning, diving, kicking and whining when they knew the game was up. Iโ€™m not anti Argentina in all respects, I used to like Ossis Ardiles and Ricky Villa and I thought Zabaletta was very dignified in his punditry despite everything. Messi? It certainly was!

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
GrimRob
June 22, 2018, 2:01pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Sod the Falklands, it is the Hand of God that puts the Argentinian national side in the "Great Satan" category for me and why I would always want them to lose any match.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.ย ย 
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 3
toontown
June 22, 2018, 4:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,159
Gold Stars: 69
It's both for me, added to the fact they are the most cynical, diving, whining, cheating little sheets means I was absolutely delighted by their misery an distress - hahahaha!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 3
KingstonMariner
June 22, 2018, 4:13pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I'm with Rob on this. The Falklands was a sad episode (and they can still keep their fecking hands off it). But the joy at seeing them lose, and lose badly, stems from the Hand of God in 1986 and the joy they had at the penalty shoot out win in 98. They've always been dirty, cheating illegitimates. A joy to watch when they're playing the game, but irritating when they start the gamesmanship.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Argentina v Croatia - ๐Ÿ˜‚

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.