5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Bigdog
June 22, 2018, 6:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I thought he was outstanding in some games last season, others he was very poor, In some games he didn't look his age and in others he looked old and shot to pieces.

Time will tell how MJ will use him next season. I'd be very surprised if MJ picks him for every game and more likely expect to see his body being managed more.

I saw the interview with DC when he said that he felt more effective if he played every game. There was plenty of evidence to the contrary at times. At that age you can feel a million dollars physically and for some reason your legs don't work as well and other times feel shattered but surprise yourself and play really well. The ability is definitely there with DC, his body is a bit more inconsistent

Good player, but at times I think he needs to be honest with himself.

MJ is no mug and while DC's experience will be invaluable at times, my prediction is that he will play no more than half of the games next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
chipsandgravy
June 22, 2018, 7:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,597
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Madeleymariner
For those he think hes so great, go through the highlights videos and see how many goals were from unmarked players in middle of the pen area (the main bit the centre halfs are supposed to defend) both set pieces and open play and also how often he ended up on his arris when players were running at him. Yes hes ok but nothing outstanding (not as bad as Clarke). I await more red crosses for not agreeing with a lot of people; I'm going to speak to the club now about how I'm being bullied into thinking DC is a great player .

I would keep quiet if i were you. An aggregate of almost 50 red crosses is pretty poor on your part and puts you in a league i wouldnt want to be in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 44
sonofmadeleymariner
June 22, 2018, 7:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
I'm quiet happy to have him as a back up and rotation option, he'll help the two other lads with his experience if he ends up having a blinder of a season we've done well, if he doesn't it seems like we've got 2 other decent CBs this season who can easily step in.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
Madeleymariner
June 22, 2018, 7:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from chipsandgravy

I would keep quiet if i were you. An aggregate of almost 50 red crosses is pretty poor on your part and puts you in a league i wouldnt want to be in.

Its a record for me, but then I had load of Xs when I said Kelly was cr@p before he kicked a ball for us,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
Mighty_Mariner
June 22, 2018, 8:22pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
What's interesting for me is the logistics of this deal..... DC lives in and commutes from Sunderland 3 times per week, not including match days.

So how does this fit in with MJ's policy of players living within an hour of the ground? Has he changed tact? Will DC be staying in accommodation during the week? Have we bent the rules just for him?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
sydney
June 22, 2018, 8:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Great News
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
moosey_club
June 22, 2018, 8:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Just the type of centre half we need on the books, physically strong and excellent in the air....may not be needed every game but playing strikers of the ilk of Rhead, Ikpeazu etc a young ,quick centre half wont be much use, there are those physical centre forwards out there who need to be dealt with accordingly just as much as there are quick ones.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
chaos33
June 22, 2018, 8:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Ticks loads of positive boxes. Pleased.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 44
HertsGTFC
June 22, 2018, 9:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from chaos33
Ticks loads of positive boxes. Pleased.

What Chaos says......

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
chipsandgravy
June 22, 2018, 9:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,597
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Its a record for me, but then I had load of Xs when I said Kelly was cr@p before he kicked a ball for us,

Well one a season is good Going!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › DC stays

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.