4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
June 21, 2018, 8:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,473
Gold Stars: 185
I think Robles can play out wide as well (and I think he might well do so).

I personally think we may well see a 4-3-3 at times - Hooper certainly did better on the left and playing him as the left of a front 3 could work.

Just need to make sure we have the midfielders to cover in a 4-3-3. It sounds as though Whitehouse certainly has the legs and (if he stays), so does Summerfield. Would make it difficult to choose between Rose and Clifton then, however.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 31
11MARINER11
June 21, 2018, 10:43am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -55
Quite a few players willing to sign for gtfc . But not quite top of his list ive been informed by a friend connected to the club . Hes still working on his first choice signings .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 31
Kris2
June 21, 2018, 11:14am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
It's still June before pre season begins. MJ said it himself that ideally you want everyone to sign before pre season but it's not always the case. Some will sign in July, some players join on trial during pre season and some of those will probably get signed. Then some join on deadline day before the window closes or sign in August after the season has begun. Nobody signs their entire team in June.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 31
moosey_club
June 21, 2018, 11:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,239
Gold Stars: 226
Based on the previous few seasons where we have signed very little at all early doors and ended up with triallists coming in the week before the season starts and getting contracts based on a good 45 minutes against Trinity or Brigg or trialiists taking 4/5 games to be assessed before we then give them a 2 yr deal ....i do think Jolley has started off ok.

Given when he came into the club he had his hands pretty much tied but still brought in Foxy & Sheffers shows he can deal and gives me some hope we will be better prepared come start of pre season than we have been in recent seasons.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 31
Jimbob
June 21, 2018, 8:51pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +2
still need creative midfield player.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 31
June 21, 2018, 9:13pm
Guest User
I've been the first to criticise the transfer policy of the club. Allowing player of the years contracts to simply expire, waiting until late and shopping in the bargain bin before the inevitable panic loan signings and ageing mercenaries looking for their last deals. The board have been guilty of all of these, but not this time. Michael has begun assembling his squad before a lot of FL contracts have expired. It's only mid June and he and the board have made significant progress. That's all I ask, give us a fighting chance. I appreciate if you're going to get the good players signing early on, we may have had to pay good money. Money well spent IMO, if we have a smaller squad then fine, this is the way to conduct our business. Less chance of buying problems.
Reply: 15 - 31
acko338
June 21, 2018, 9:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,226
Gold Stars: 33
Jolley is probably on a foreign jolly seeking out our international signings with a love of bleak northern winter weather conditions so probably in Sweden or AN Other Scandinavian country.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 31
promotion plaice
June 21, 2018, 9:17pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,026
Gold Stars: 194

Also it all seems to have gone quiet on Dembele since the Bradford bid was turned down........who knows he could still be a Town player next season.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 31
Jimbob
June 21, 2018, 9:28pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +2
hope not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 31
June 21, 2018, 9:30pm
Guest User
Quoted from Jimbob
hope not.

Me too, I want him gone the ungrateful little snake. Billy big balderdash when he's done nowt yet. All changed when he started colouring his hair like a big time charlie.
Reply: 19 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › All gone quiet

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.