1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
GrimRob
June 17, 2018, 4:06pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
I have received the following message from James Whaley

Good Evening fellow fans.... First thanks for taking time to read my begging letter I am a keen Grimsby Town season ticket holder and lately come across someone I had no clue existed…what I did read was she is in dire need of medical assistance from USA....the Uk have said nothing can be done… Demi is 11 and from Louth, Lincolnshire. Her family and friends have raised enough to get Demi to Texas and amazingly the treatment IS WORKING but costs around $18,000 a fortnight....the result in no funds is no treatment in the USA. I Felt the need to help Demi and will cycle from Blundell Park (home of the Mighty Mariners) to Lincoln City in a half and half kit (45-mile journey) I have smashed out 2×10 mile training rides so I aim for personal best and a pint half way!!! In short chaps…wouldn't it be awesome not for me to say “I done that” but for us all to say “we done that” in this day and age we all (me included) carry on as long as we are ok..... please guys… even if its a couple of quid, the price of a battered sausage outside Blundell park. I would love all us football clubs to chip in like we did for BRADLEY LOWERY. Below is our JustGiving link that I hope you will stick a few quid in. once again guys and I mean this...... simply “THANKYOU”

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/football-unite-for-demi

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
promotion plaice
June 17, 2018, 10:01pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

Tried to donate but not really computer savvy and couldn't do it, will be asking a friend to help this week to donate.

I know how I would feel if it was my daughter.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 2
Harry Haddock
June 17, 2018, 10:33pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
Excellent idea James.

Donated £30

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Football Against Cancer

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.