Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › What will be regarded as success next season ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 198 Guests

Successful season would be
Champions
Play offs
Mid table
Lower end of table
Escaping bottom 2 on the last day
Finishing higher than the gimps
Fenty selling the club for a pound to concentrate on snooker
  View Results 148 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

What will be regarded as success next season ?

This thread currently has 4,637 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
June 18, 2018, 11:47am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,012
Gold Stars: 216
If we can produce the same type of football we saw in the Notts County game then we will be very competitive and at the right end of the table.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 23
rancido
June 19, 2018, 6:33am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,449
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from mariner91

Are they as good as people are making out? A young defender from a recently relegated side with a decent amount of FL experience but probably not the best centre back in the division. A centre back from the Scottish Championship who was very well thought of but not so highly rated at Crewe. A striker/winger who at almost 22 has only one appearance in the FL and was last playing in the Spanish third division without pulling up any trees. And Whitehouse is a good player but certainly no world beater.

We're still some significant quality away from being even considered for the play offs in my opinion. At the very least we need at least one quality striker (realistically we need two though), I'd like to see at least another quick, skillful wide player come in, a central midfielder if Summerfield doesn't sign and a dominating centre back.

It's the sum of the parts together that lead to success and not just individuals.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 23
Grim74
June 19, 2018, 8:49am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 75
It's only league 2. We are Grimsby Town. Play offs an absolute minimum. It's time we pushed this club forward as we've been stagnating for fifteen years or since John Fenty arrived - take your pick.

We are only Grimsby to be honest (that was hard to type) we have no more right then say Oldham or Tranmere, if we get to the play offs we get there on merit not because we are Grimsby.
Not being funny cos I would of said a similar thing a few years ago but I think now having that mindset and a lot of us do,only puts the pressure on. It's good to see the poll is showing people are being realistic this year, it might just be a turning point.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 23
mariner91
June 19, 2018, 8:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,255
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from rancido

It's the sum of the parts together that lead to success and not just individuals.

Absolutely I agree. However, even Accrington with their small budget had two players with real quality: Billy Kee and Sean McConville. That can make the difference in tight games, a bit of magic from somewhere. I don't think we've got any real quality in the squad as it stands but I certainly don't think we'll do badly under Jolley.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › What will be regarded as success next season ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.