moosey_club
June 15, 2018, 4:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from LH
He might well have doubled his money - if we’ve matched his contract for two years rather than one!

you still might have to explain that a bit further for the gimps  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 80
diehardmariner
June 15, 2018, 4:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +17,078
Gold Stars: 518
Wasn't it a Lincolnshire Echo journalist who put a story out every five minutes a few years back just for click-bait purposes?  His specialty pieces were either ignoring the league table and stating Lincoln were actually the better side or insisting that Craig Disley was heading down the A46 every other week to Sincil Bank.

We don't know what wages Whitehouse was on at Lincoln so it could be that we have doubled a relatively modest wage.   It's trying to suggest we've broke the bank for him but I'll be amazed if Jolley is going anywhere near that route.  

The whole article smacks of poor taste and very poor journalism.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 80
Mighty_Mariner
June 15, 2018, 4:51pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Seems like a very positive signing and a player who will run through brick walls for the team.

One question.... What sort of misfielder is he? A summerfield type workhorse/water carrier who will mop up things from the back and out the tackles in or more of a Jon Nolan type, working with a bit of freedom behind the strikers and creating chances?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 80
Posh Harry
June 15, 2018, 5:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Impish2
https://www.lincolnshirelive.c.....-whitehouses-1680917

If you are going to double his wage over two years, it's a no brainier for him.

Strangely if you really think that’s true then you could well be the same Impish as the one on 1FF but looking at the words you have used in a previous post I assume you are Imp in Branston??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 80
Posh Harry
June 15, 2018, 5:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Spoken to my Lincoln supporting mate and he is not happy. Firstly that he is joining us (he rates him), but secondly due to who has left Lincoln so far he thinks they are going to play even more direct next season, which will be a feat in itself.

Says he is a terrier, complete 100% player, gets himself in good positions (although needs to improve his finishing), but is also like a rat as he’s always biting at the ankles of the opposition never letting them settle. Sounds like the kind of midfielder we have been missing for a while. Positive signing from my point of view.

Welcome to GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 80
sydney
June 15, 2018, 5:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +994
Gold Stars: 2
away on hols but with this news I have quickly text 3 proper Gimps fans I know and to a man they have all said their loss our gain
Two comments in particular below
“”Plays well just behind top line””
“”Lacks Polish but min 100% every game”
Craig Disley ish anyone feel?
I think Gimps average weekly wage bill last season was higher than ours.

Please can I ask for an update on Collins and Summers
Thanks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 80
OllieGTFC
June 15, 2018, 5:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
We all know what happened when we signed a Lincoln regret before, we can promotion 😏

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 80
TheGoalKipper
June 15, 2018, 5:24pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Quoted from Posh Harry
Spoken to my Lincoln supporting mate and he is not happy. Firstly that he is joining us (he rates him), but secondly due to who has left Lincoln so far he thinks they are going to play even more direct next season, which will be a feat in itself.

Says he is a terrier, complete 100% player, gets himself in good positions (although needs to improve his finishing), but is also like a rat as he’s always biting at the ankles of the opposition never letting them settle. Sounds like the kind of midfielder we have been missing for a while. Positive signing from my point of view.

Welcome to GTFC

Theres a common thread running through MJ's signings. They all give 100% That always trumps skill in my book. Accrington Stanley are the model club for this. It may not be enough in L1 but it will get us in the top half next season if all the players are in the same mould. Just need to have enough goals from the strikers and im forcasting a good season.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 80
KingstonMariner
June 15, 2018, 5:36pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Cloudy

Exactly!

No idea if Whitehouse will be any good but looking at Twitter you would think he was joining NDLB 2's rather than a team in the same league.

Described by many as lacking 'technical ability'. How would a Lincoln fan know what that is?

National Dock Labour Board?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 80
ginnywings
June 15, 2018, 5:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from KingstonMariner

National Dock Labour Board?

Yes, good side in their day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Whitehouse

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.