40 Pages Prev ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
July 11, 2018, 11:02am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,041
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from Les Brechin
The one thing that worries me is that the expectation is there now.

Most people didn't really think we'd get this far but now most people think that we'll win tonight.

I just hope that the team don't flop now that the expectation is with them.

I agree Les, the pressure is slightly on us tonight but if we win then all the pressure is on France in the final.

I don't think many England fans would be confident of beating France but you never know in football.

If we were to win it I wonder if anyone has plans for a new tattoo or something ?  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 390 - 394
KingstonMariner
July 11, 2018, 3:25pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Agree Les, all this hype is pissing me off. It never bodes well when the band waggon really gets rolling. I'm even thinking of banning my girls from watching it (one of them asked if she can watch it) despite not being interested in football.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 391 - 394
Rick12
July 16, 2018, 8:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Mbappe what a player.Has pace and skill and performed admirably in the final .However Messi still eclipses him for me.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 392 - 394
Maringer
July 16, 2018, 12:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,475
Gold Stars: 185
France a touch fortunate in the end. I missed first 30-odd minutes but they looked like a completely different team to the one which looked so compact and organised against the Belgians. Giving the ball away endlessly, not following runners and looking panicked at the back at times. Credit to Croatia for taking the game to them, but I can't help but think there was a bit of complacency there from the French - they thought they had it in the bag before kick-off.

Still, despite the luck in the first half, they had enough in the squad to pull away from the Croats in the second half - despite Loris' best attempts to even it out!

A concern is that, for all the talk about how young our squad has been this tournament, the France squad is younger still. We don't have anybody near the level of Griezmann, Pogba and Mbappe in those positions so it is going to have to be a real team performance if we're going to compete against them over the next few years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 393 - 394
Rick12
July 16, 2018, 5:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Maringer

A concern is that, for all the talk about how young our squad has been this tournament, the France squad is younger still. We don't have anybody near the level of Griezmann, Pogba and Mbappe in those positions so it is going to have to be a real team performance if we're going to compete against them over the next few years.
And when you see who they left out eg Benzema,Martial ,Payet(injured) and Lacazette  to name but a few you realise just how strong they really are

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 394 - 394
40 Pages Prev ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › World Cup 2018 Games Live on TV

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.