nealeardleyscrossing
June 21, 2018, 8:13am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -347
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Meza

Im not being funny but i couldn't give a flying fook.  You want to sign a midfielder on high wages who has had 2 really bad injuries (which have an impact to his game) and was awful at BP...go ahead.  I cant help who MJ goes in forim just glad we lost the battle on this one thank god.

And a piece of advice your on a mariners forum so i would be careful what u post.  Why are all gumps deluded. 🙄

Be careful what you post - Ha ha.. Wow. Careful, why?
Deluded, I think we are grounded as to where we are. But 10 game Jolley is the next pep. Take a day off. I saw you in the middle of the 10 games and you were lucky not to be 5 day down before Elliot thought he was playing for you in goal and gave away a penalty. Also Coventry away was in the middle of that 10 game run. But credit where it was due you got a couple of late penalties, and kept going and deserved to stay up, and I was glad you did. But I don't  think our optimism is misplaced - Whereas yours..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 112
nealeardleyscrossing
June 21, 2018, 8:15am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -347
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from RoboCod

Bored now. Can we have Helgy back?

I will see him this morning, Want me to tell him you are missing him?.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 112
ska face
June 21, 2018, 8:17am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,359
Gold Stars: 824
Have a day off you tedious frigger.

Jesus, Lincoln fans are like that anus up the street with a new car.
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 112
diehardmariner
June 21, 2018, 8:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,093
Gold Stars: 520

Their chairman, Hardy kicked off on twitter. Their fans kicked off.
People close to your club said Jolley wanted him, Would be fairly obvious you would have had to have offered him more than most of your team being a captain at a top end L2 club.

Can't have it both ways - We trust Jolley implicitly, he is a messiah. Then when a player chooses us over you, we didn't want him, he is injury prone etc tec - Your manager did want him.

Look mate, the vast majority of sensible posters on here welcome fans from other clubs coming on here and offering an alternative view and insight.

But you've got to expect flack when you post utter shite like what you've done and claim Jolley offered to make O'Connor our highest paid player, when you've no idea what our current wage structure is like nor indeed what Jolley is working with.  It comes across that you're trying to gloat when in reality you're still in the same division and us and despite all the hyperbole from last season, you finished  11 places above us in one of our worst seasons ever.  You've got the player you wanted, we've got a player we wanted.  Only time will tell who has come out better.

I've got to be totally honest and say I don't recall anything of both Whitehouse or O'Connor from when we've previously met but if O'Connor was part of the Notts County team we played at the back end of last season no-one stood out for them at all.

Looking at purely on paper I like the fact that Jolley is bringing in young, energetic players.  We've already got an experienced midfielder in Woolford plus Summerfield (if he re-signs, which I doubt now). Energy fits in with what Jolley is trying to build here.  

Lincoln on the other hand have brought in a 30-year-old to go alongside another midfielder in his 30's in Frecklington.  Now 30 is hardly over the hill but having seen us previously go for players the wrong side of 30 and/or injury records, I definitely feel more comfortable with the route we're going down.

Private Message
Reply: 93 - 112
totalidiot
June 21, 2018, 8:39am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +341
you try to give people the benefit of the doubt but the bloke is as boring as it gets,definitely comes on here gloating when there is nothing to gloat about,chances are lincoln won't go up again but let's just wait and see how it pans out on the pitch...this o connor is just another league 2 player and that's it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 112
Townee82
June 21, 2018, 8:50am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +87
He will be in serious risk of neck injury watching that ball whizzing overhead into the corners , Lincolns midfield was just a decoration last season . The amount of gimps posting on here just proved our intellectual superiority to their board .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 112
RoboCod
June 21, 2018, 9:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505

I will see him this morning, Want me to tell him you are missing him?.

Sure, hopefully to replace you. He's respected on here as he was posting on the Fishy through the years BC. (Before Cowley)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 112
toontown
June 21, 2018, 9:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,159
Gold Stars: 69
Just had a look and O'connor came on as sub against us that day for the last 20 min or so. I don't remember him but only tend to notice oppo players if They are exceptionally good or bad.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 112
mariner91
June 21, 2018, 10:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,254
Gold Stars: 253

Be careful what you post - Ha ha.. Wow. Careful, why?
Deluded, I think we are grounded as to where we are. But 10 game Jolley is the next pep. Take a day off. I saw you in the middle of the 10 games and you were lucky not to be 5 day down before Elliot thought he was playing for you in goal and gave away a penalty. Also Coventry away was in the middle of that 10 game run. But credit where it was due you got a couple of late penalties, and kept going and deserved to stay up, and I was glad you did. But I don't  think our optimism is misplaced - Whereas yours..

Gosh you're a boring individual. We played you away in Jolley's second game in charge. We played Coventry away in his third game in charge. I don't know about you but in my opinion second and third aren't really "in the middle" of a run of nine. Wilkinson was in charge for the Carlisle game although Jolley had been appointed. The fact we went from being pretty shite in those games to completely outplaying Notts County (but how I hear you ask, they had O'Connor in midfield for 20 minutes and he's so good) in the space of two months is testament that MJ did an excellent job given difficult circumstances. You'll also notice that we were in significantly better form than you were by the end of the season but Cowley's a God apparently.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 112
Mariner_09
June 21, 2018, 10:18am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
"Pretty Shite"? We were absolutely garbage in the majority of the games in that 20 game winless run. This is why I'm not overly optimistic about this season, players like Rose, Hooper and Woolford were terrible for the majority of the season and that cannot be discounted, I would be surprised if they maintained their great end of season form over the full season. Don't get me wrong I think we'll improve this season but I would be very happy with a midtable season where we are never in any danger of going down. The squad still badly lacks creativity and goals based on our signings so far.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 112
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.