This thread currently has 4,013 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
June 12, 2018, 10:25pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

Just wondered how many on here will be following England in the World Cup ?

England are my 2nd team after Town so I'll be watching all 3 England games  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
sonofmadeleymariner
June 12, 2018, 10:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
I'll be watching as many games as I can to be honest no matter the country, I'm in need of a football fix this off season.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 33
ginnywings
June 12, 2018, 11:33pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
I love the World Cup and usually watch every game (one of the advantages of being self employed), but for the first time ever, i will be away on holiday during this one, and will be in remote parts of Scotland, so will probably struggle to find somewhere to watch many games. Will be in a well populated area on Monday and will most likely be able to find somewhere to watch the first England game, but after that, not really sure as i head into more remote areas.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 33
promotion plaice
June 12, 2018, 11:37pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188
Quoted from ginnywings
I love the World Cup and usually watch every game (one of the advantages of being self employed), but for the first time ever, i will be away on holiday during this one, and will be in remote parts of Scotland, so will probably struggle to find somewhere to watch many games. Will be in a well populated area on Monday and will most likely be able to find somewhere to watch the first England game, but after that, not really sure as i head into more remote areas.  

Just don't cheer if England score Ginny  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 33
AndyDarloFC
June 12, 2018, 11:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from ginnywings

What part of Scotland you heading to? I'm heading up to the highlands on Monday for the week.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 33
ginnywings
June 13, 2018, 12:24am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

What part of Scotland you heading to? I'm heading up to the highlands on Monday for the week.

Going to Arran on Sunday, then onto Kinytre, then Mull, followed by the Ardmanurchan peninsula, then up to Applecross. After that, we will probably head up to the Assynt mountains. Going for three weeks, so we could end up anywhere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 33
Les Brechin
June 13, 2018, 7:13am

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from ginnywings

Going to Arran on Sunday, then onto Kinytre, then Mull, followed by the Ardmanurchan peninsula, then up to Applecross. After that, we will probably head up to the Assynt mountains. Going for three weeks, so we could end up anywhere.

Sounds great. Plockton isn't that far from Applecross. Well worth a visit.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 33
cmackenzie4
June 13, 2018, 7:19am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from ginnywings

You’ll enjoy that, I’ve been to all those places, the Ardnamurchan peninsula is a lovely drive (especially to the lighthouse) I’d recommended Sutherland too Ginny  (Smoo cave is nice) near Durness, once you get above Ullapool the scenery is spectacular, enjoy yourself.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 33
Rick12
June 13, 2018, 7:56am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from ginnywings
I love the World Cup and usually watch every game (one of the advantages of being self employed),
Same.Ever since being a kid Ive always looked forward to the world cup.Like Christmas  

Magazine I would recommend Ginny which I always get is world soccer's world cup edition. Excellent addition as a guide to the world cup .Includes talks with all the managers,tactics and profile for every squad player.

http://www.worldsoccer.com/publication/world-soccer/world-cup-2018-special-edition

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 33
WokingMariner
June 13, 2018, 9:18am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +160
Gold Stars: 2
I normally watch the World Cup/Euros until England get knocked out and then take no interest in it at all.

Up the Mighty Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 33
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Following England In The World Cup

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.