KingstonMariner
June 15, 2018, 5:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Yes Scunny and where Jack dies is out at the gravel pits out past App Frod Steelworks. The pub outside the station (in the film Jack ask for a straight glass and stares down the locals) must be the Bridge Hotel - I expect its kicked off in there a few times with Town fans. Cracking film, I've watched it so many times I can quote most of the dialogue - kids think it's very strange, that and Tora Tora Tora (where I quote Japanese of course...)

Haven't seen that for about 40 years. Remember it as better than the usual Hollywood shite about WWII - like the more recent one where the Yank wins the Battle of Britain before going back home to give Yamamoto a kicking. Midway was good mind.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 33
Nelly GTFC
June 20, 2018, 9:26pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,724
Gold Stars: 31

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 33
sonofmadeleymariner
June 20, 2018, 9:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Superdan147

More match experience? He’s just played 43 times for Woking in the national league and scored 12 goals. He also featured in a number of games the season before and is 21. Harry Clifton has only played 9 games and will probably be an important player for us next year. I’d hope that Charlie would be ready to play after a decent pre season under his belt

Just because he's played 43 games and scored 12 goals doesn't mean he needs more match experience, some of his play looked rather amateur at times and wasn't making the best decisions. Look at Ross Barkley all the skill in the world but his decision making at times is beyond shocking and shows he needs more match experience and he plays in the Premiershite.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 33
Mikey_345
June 20, 2018, 9:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,308
Gold Stars: 100
“Good evening.

At lunchtime today, we signed an attacking midfield player with a very good goal ratio.

Charlie Carter is young, hungry, full of energy and he will improve and do well for our club.

I met him a few weeks ago at Wembley Stadium where I was watching the FA Trophy final. He's been up to Chesterfield to look round our stadium and he loved it all.

He's a proper bloke, a proper player and he's a good signing.

I told him this morning that there's over 1,500 season tickets sold now and he just laughed and said that he can't wait to play for Chesterfield!

Take care,

Martin“

These “announcements” never get boring but surely this guy is taking the urine now........This must be on purpose?

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Charlie carter

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.