Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Social media, videos etc...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 167 Guests

Social media, videos etc...

This thread currently has 2,894 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
bigdavemariner
June 11, 2018, 7:17pm
UTM
Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 4
Along with the positivity of Michael Jolley, signings, new management etc, a massive plus point and huge improvement has been the club's recent social media activity.
I seem to think it's a chap called Liam that's working with the club creating the recent content but it really is s step up from what we've had. The little video clips, pictures and general professional look to recent posts have been a world away from previous seasons.
Well done to the club and especially the lad creating them. If he reads the board, well done mate keep it up.
I'm hoping this season we see improvements in the interviewing and general video content from the club. Interviewing a player in a quieter environment without it blowing s gale or someone drilling in the background. Content such as Day in the life of players, player interviews that talk about more than just football (meet the player type stuff we had in programs). The recent standard of questions coming from Matt Dean has been refreshing. While someone like Dale has been a part of the club for years and is a decent bloke, this has been a big part of the day to day of the club that needed improvements and it's something I hope we continue to build on.

Gary Lump Lump Lump!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Cloudy
June 11, 2018, 7:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Interesting.

At the age of 63 i find all the clips of the collar of the new shirt or little tweets about the 'rebuild continuing' unnecessary and very amatuer.

It could just be that I am a miserable old git but just show us the bloody shirt and put it on sale! Does these snippets boost sales? I cannot see how  but will bow to those with more modern marketing knowledge than I
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
cjbill
June 11, 2018, 7:43pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +215
I agree that the social media side has improved a lot. I think it is a guy called Sam Strandt who works on this side of things
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
Grantley
June 11, 2018, 7:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Going by the recent content, I’m hoping we have some goal graphics for Twitter. Anything but that awful Mighty Mariner gif...

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
bigdavemariner
June 11, 2018, 7:48pm
UTM
Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 4
Haha it's different opinion isn't it and what appeals to one doesn't to another. I feel it pitches to the Instagram generation that live their life through social media updates and content. Just feel that the way of the world these days is a move towards social media and marketing on the internet. It's something you can control and generate interest to the wider market than those that buy s paper. It's one of those things that If done wrong is dreadful and can be a negative..if you can't do it right don't do it at all. But do it right and it's a massive plus.
Personally feel the content released generates interest and appeals.to the younger market. My ten year old has been loving the videos and pictures coming out of the kit. He's decided he loves it already based on collar and has put order in with me for His birthday haha. The little videos with music over the top or the fans, the other day he watched one and said, wow
It's amazing isn't it because it was only a few months ago I wrote a big post about how negative he was about football and.the club. The telegraph even wanted to run a story on it (he declined and now only takes requests via his agent haha). But a few months on he's excited again and its this sort of stuff I believe really helps.

Gary Lump Lump Lump!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
lukeo
June 11, 2018, 8:09pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,293
Gold Stars: 134
Just the small thing of them keeping us updated most days in how the season ticket sales are going is nice, I have questioned it for years about them doing it. But have to agree even as an exile I feel the positive vibes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
Vance Warner
June 11, 2018, 8:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,775
Gold Stars: 100
On this topic does anyone know who runs the On This GTFC Day Twitter account? I have some VHS tapes they might be interested in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
Cloudy
June 11, 2018, 8:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from lukeo
Just the small thing of them keeping us updated most days in how the season ticket sales are going is nice, I have questioned it for years about them doing it. But have to agree even as an exile I feel the positive vibes

Where? I saw a tweet a few days ago about adding to the 1100 still sold but little before then tbh.

How many have we sold because I must have missed this 'most days'?
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
newarkmariner
June 11, 2018, 9:26pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
I love the new look,the little teasers they have given us really have done it for me,keep up the good work  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
forza ivano
June 11, 2018, 11:19pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,126
Gold Stars: 265
On Luke's point couldn't they do a simple barometer showing how many have been sold?
Also thought they could expand on the mj day in the ticket office. A morning event with James mckeown would be the obvious choice plus maybe one of the new interesting signings where they could sign shirts etc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
Rob_in_Grimsby
June 11, 2018, 11:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Vance Warner
On this topic does anyone know who runs the On This GTFC Day Twitter account? I have some VHS tapes they might be interested in.

you have a pm mate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
LondonMariner43
June 12, 2018, 7:05am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from Vance Warner

I don’t but just send him a message on Twitter.  I did that but he had the ones I have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
Wrawby_Mariner
June 12, 2018, 9:53am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
We live in a content lead society nowadays. How brands portray themselves online is increasingly important. I think, just recently the standard of what the club is producing is certainly inline and the same standard as what other, 'bigger' clubs are producing. Given the club have nowhere near the resources that bigger clubs do I feel they are doing a bloody good job of what they have.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 12 - 13
brigg_mariner
June 12, 2018, 10:18am

UTM...!!!
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 5
I for one think it’s brilliant, don’t understand why anyone would be against it as it is a sign of the times.

Well done GTFC

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2012 (Part 2)
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Social media, videos etc...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.