This thread currently has 3,103 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Hannilowe
June 6, 2018, 11:02pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: -74
Quoted from Cloudy
Wouldn't it just be easier to post a link to either the Youth team on the official site or the academy website?

E.G. https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2018/april/meet-the-new-scholars/

you could but info on there is sometimes limited, especially below U18s level, will put link to academy website in anyway: http://www.gtfcacademy.com/

GTFC Transfers 2018/19

IN:
Alex Whitmore (CB), Louis Robles (ST), Harry Davis (CB), Elliott Whitehouse (MF), Jordan Cook (MF), Jake Hessenthaler (MF), John Welsh (MF), Akin Famewo (CB) [LOAN], Sam Russell (GK), Charles Vernam (ST)

OUT:
Sam Kelly (MF), Siriki Dembele (MF), Luke Summerfield (MF)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
1mickylyons
June 7, 2018, 11:56am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,260
Gold Stars: 54
Good thread this and it would be great if can start seeing the youngsters progress to the first team. Also what a dream if we have another Buckley leading Town to success in the future.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
Hannilowe
June 7, 2018, 1:27pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Good thread this and it would be great if can start seeing the youngsters progress to the first team. Also what a dream if we have another Buckley leading Town to success in the future.UTM

The Youth Team is looking strong going into 2018/19, they will be a good shout to win the league (got their highest finish since 2010's relegation last season, with 5th). Brandon is certainly good enough to be playing at this level in a year or two in my opinion. I think its a shame that Rumarn Burrell doesn't get the same amount of attention though, he is easily on the same level as Brandon, and could be a good goalscorer in future.

GTFC Transfers 2018/19

IN:
Alex Whitmore (CB), Louis Robles (ST), Harry Davis (CB), Elliott Whitehouse (MF), Jordan Cook (MF), Jake Hessenthaler (MF), John Welsh (MF), Akin Famewo (CB) [LOAN], Sam Russell (GK), Charles Vernam (ST)

OUT:
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
TheGoalKipper
June 7, 2018, 1:34pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Quoted from Hannilowe

The Youth Team is looking strong going into 2018/19, they will be a good shout to win the league (got their highest finish since 2010's relegation last season, with 5th). Brandon is certainly good enough to be playing at this level in a year or two in my opinion. I think its a shame that Rumarn Burrell doesn't get the same amount of attention though, he is easily on the same level as Brandon, and could be a good goalscorer in future.

You cant have too many goalscorers. Cant we get game time elsewhere where they can show their talents

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
jimgtfc
June 7, 2018, 1:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
Would be good to keep this thread going throughout the season to see how they’re getting on.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
Hannilowe
June 7, 2018, 1:37pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from TheGoalKipper

You cant have too many goalscorers. Cant we get game time elsewhere where they can show their talents

They both played a few times for the Reserves, I think the same will happen again this year. I know both scored a couple for the reserves also. Cant see them getting contracts earlier than the end of the 2018/19 season when their scholarship finishes, so the best place to see them would either be at a reserve game, or at a YT game

GTFC Transfers 2018/19

IN:

OUT:
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
Davec
June 7, 2018, 2:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
This should be made a sticky thread in my opinion, so we can talk about progress made as the season goes along.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
jamesgtfc
June 7, 2018, 10:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
If we have enough quality to win our youth league I would rather see some of the standout performers depart on loan and be challenged.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
1mickylyons
June 8, 2018, 11:29am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,260
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from Hannilowe

They both played a few times for the Reserves, I think the same will happen again this year. I know both scored a couple for the reserves also. Cant see them getting contracts earlier than the end of the 2018/19 season when their scholarship finishes, so the best place to see them would either be at a reserve game, or at a YT game

The old saying if they are good enough then they are old enough. Town have had Drinkell,Lund,Wilkinson,Clare,North,Lester,Taylor,Bore,Rowan all play and score for the first team whilst in there teens after coming through the ranks Lets hope these two lads get added to the list.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Youth Team Watch

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.