4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
June 5, 2018, 9:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,938
Gold Stars: 190
I wonder if we will consider loaning him out until January? 6 months mentoring with Nathan Arnold would do him no harm whatsoever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 34
KingstonMariner
June 5, 2018, 11:35pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Good news for Max. Sounds like he's deserved it through years of hard work. Whatever happens, he's given it his best shot.

Well done Max.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 34
dapperz fun pub
June 6, 2018, 8:00am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,905
Gold Stars: 82
I hope they don’t loan him out but if they do it should be no lower than conference , I’d prefer him sticking around the squad building himself up a bit and pushing for a place in the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 34
Maringer
June 6, 2018, 8:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,467
Gold Stars: 185
A 2 year contract gives flexibility in this regard. If he's not getting a look in with the first team, send him out on loan for a few months somewhere to give him the opportunity to play and develop. I agree that Conference or possibly Conference North level ought to be the limit. Hopefully, he'll do well enough to make our squad and gain experience through sub appearances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 34
headingly_mariner
June 6, 2018, 8:13am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,341
Gold Stars: 113
Hope he gets his chance. Regardless of the level he was playing at with Scarborough, it was against men, looking at the numbers of goals, assists and man of the match awards it’s clear he threw everything into it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 34
arryarryarry
June 6, 2018, 9:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I wonder if we will consider loaning him out until January? 6 months mentoring with Nathan Arnold would do him no harm whatsoever.

Based on what?
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 34
jamesgtfc
June 6, 2018, 12:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,938
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from arryarryarry

Based on what?

Based on Boston being part time and down the road so he will still be around Cheapside all week whilst getting regular, competitive games. I would love nothing more than to see him playing in our team from the start of next season but 4 levels is a big jump and he is at an age where regular games will aid his development.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 34
arryarryarry
June 6, 2018, 12:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Based on Boston being part time and down the road so he will still be around Cheapside all week whilst getting regular, competitive games. I would love nothing more than to see him playing in our team from the start of next season but 4 levels is a big jump and he is at an age where regular games will aid his development.

But why be mentored by Nathan Arnold, on his day a brilliant player but unfortunately his days were not that often.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 34
StaffsMariner
June 6, 2018, 5:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +428
Gold Stars: 6
In a collective bid to help more players make the transition from academy to first-team football, EFL clubs have also agreed to introduce a requirement for at least one club-developed player to be named on each team sheet from the start of the 2018/19 season.

As someone mentioned earlier or on another thread, Max and Harry are our only 2 club developed players so i doubt we'll be loaning them out because we NEED them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 34
Tommy
June 6, 2018, 5:43pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from StaffsMariner
In a collective bid to help more players make the transition from academy to first-team football, EFL clubs have also agreed to introduce a requirement for at least one club-developed player to be named on each team sheet from the start of the 2018/19 season.

As someone mentioned earlier or on another thread, Max and Harry are our only 2 club developed players so i doubt we'll be loaning them out because we NEED them.

Technically, it's not a requirement.

But if you don't have a home grown academy product in your matchday squad of 18 this coming season, you lose a spot on your bench so can only name 6 subs.

The following season it extends to two places so if you don't have 2 home growns in your 18 you can only have 5 subs, and 6 subs if you only have 1 home grown

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Max Wright

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.