Private Message
Reply: 50 - 70
TheGoalKipper
June 4, 2018, 8:40pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
I think MJ knows him pretty well and knows what he can offer. Fans dont want more hoofball and he is going for skillfull players. I think he will not be our main striker but i see him on the bench coming on to give us some youthfull energy and pace in the 2nd Half. also Accrington Stanley have shown what players giving 100% can achieve.

Keep up the good work MJ

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 70
moosey_club
June 4, 2018, 9:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from ginnywings
, but i have a distinct feeling that Jolley is going to shake this club up a bit with his recruitment. About time we moved away from the failing formula of old.

well he isnt really is he ?

Fox - already played for Jolley
Whitmore - already played for Jolley
Robles - already known Jolley

Managers go for who they know, known quantities first....Hurst did with Pearson, Church, McKeown, etc Buckley & Groves, Gilbert, etc

It just appears new because Jolley's history is vague, having said that some on here called Fox before we signed him so anyone with enough searching may be able to find one or two prime candidates for who may be next.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 70
Mendonca1995
June 4, 2018, 9:41pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from Tommy

How can you say we need better options than him when we've never seen him play?

I know you'll probably say he hasn't scored goals yet, but no striker has ever scored goals before being given a run of games in a team. They all start somewhere.

So would you start the season with 2 young strikers who've scored hardly any goals between them and at this level ? I hope he does do well for us of course but I will still stick by my opinion and say I still believe we need better quality strikers than what we have got at the club right now

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 70
ginnywings
June 4, 2018, 9:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from moosey_club

well he isnt really is he ?

Fox - already played for Jolley
Whitmore - already played for Jolley
Robles - already known Jolley

Managers go for who they know, known quantities first....Hurst did with Pearson, Church, McKeown, etc Buckley & Groves, Gilbert, etc

It just appears new because Jolley's history is vague, having said that some on here called Fox before we signed him so anyone with enough searching may be able to find one or two prime candidates for who may be next.

Well yeah, all managers do that. I was referring to the move away from journeymen, so far at least. They are also players that have something to prove, and are prepared to go anywhere to achieve it. They are not trading on former glories to win a contract, when clearly on the way down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 70
jock dock tower
June 4, 2018, 10:02pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
It wou;d appear that MJ wants players who are eager, who will play to his system, and looks more than likely that the team will not be star studded but a team that plays for each other and to it's strengths. Sounds Burnleyesque to me. Sounds good.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 70
Mighty_Mariner
June 4, 2018, 10:10pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Good signing IMO... but first things first... How are we pronouncing his name? 🤔

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 70
Grantley
June 4, 2018, 10:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Loo-ee Rob-les

Jordan Magrew
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 70
H19P1
June 4, 2018, 10:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Welcome fella and good luck. MJ is assembling against the grain 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 70
KingstonMariner
June 4, 2018, 11:08pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
don't know why but Robespierre came to mind as a nickname, I think probably because of his firstname.

The Terroir might be better but all depends on whether he slices through defenders like a guillotine. Doesn't particularly help that he's from Liverpool though.

Keeping with the Spanish Red theme, if he turns out to be a greedy illegitimate, he should be called Dolores (Ibárruri).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New striker signs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.