8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
June 4, 2018, 7:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Taking another spin on this,....quite fancy that jolley is trying to get the average age of the team.down...whitmore, 21, fox, 24 and now Robles, 21....surely has to be a better way forward than signing a load of lastminiute.com over the hill journeymen??....Welcome to the mighty GTFC and here's hoping he hits it off with Cardwell, could be quite an exciting pairing containing the power of Harry and(from what I've seen)-the pace of Robles......the futures bright in black and white...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 70
davmariner
June 4, 2018, 7:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75
Clearly the lad must have something about him for him to be signed. Think the key questions will be, can he get into the right areas to score goals? Can we get the ball to him when he’s in those areas?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 70
Garth
June 4, 2018, 7:16pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
I think if MJ thinks he`s ok for a contract who am I to prejudge,  regarding Summers and Collins, not knowing whats on the table for them I would say others have been offering a competitive deal and its right that they consider all offers first, however we don`t want to become a backstop for them should they fail to move on.
I would want an answer in the next seven days or look elsewhere, both are good players but not indispensable at our leval
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 70
Bristol Mariner
June 4, 2018, 7:18pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Amazing how some post pessimistic comments before he even kicks a ball for Town. We have no limitless funds to go out and buy a 30 goal a year striker so rightly we need to look further afield and be a little innovative. Are you the same lot moaning about signing 30 year old journeyman last season I wonder?  Good luck to the lad, he's played at a higher level than most of our squad and is obviously hungry to get and take his chance.

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 70
Mendonca1995
June 4, 2018, 7:37pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Taking another spin on this,....quite fancy that jolley is trying to get the average age of the team.down...whitmore, 21, fox, 24 and now Robles, 21....surely has to be a better way forward than signing a load of lastminiute.com over the hill journeymen??....Welcome to the mighty GTFC and here's hoping he hits it off with Cardwell, could be quite an exciting pairing containing the power of Harry and(from what I've seen)-the pace of Robles......the futures bright in black and white...

I do think this lad could well be a decent signing for us but in my opinion we need better options than him and cardwell and to score us some much needed goals for us next season I’m not knocking the lads by any means but I think we will see another 2 more strikers come in and after last seasons bunch quite rightly so UTM

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 70
Poojah
June 4, 2018, 8:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,489
It will be interesting to see whether Jolley sees Hooper as a striker or a wide man based on his exploits towards the end of the season.

This signing leads me to believe its the latter, as with Cardwell, Robles and presumably Rose we have three strikers who will start the season aged 21 or under.

I imagine we’ll still see two more front men signed, ideally with a little more experience under their belt. I always felt Bogle benefited massively from playing with a cool-headed, seasoned pro in Amond.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 70
LH
June 4, 2018, 8:08pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Pretty funny seeing some people tweeting messages to Liverpool-born Robles in Spanish.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 70
Southwark Mariner
June 4, 2018, 8:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 80
don't know why but Robespierre came to mind as a nickname, I think probably because of his firstname.

The Terroir might be better but all depends on whether he slices through defenders like a guillotine. Doesn't particularly help that he's from Liverpool though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 70
Tommy
June 4, 2018, 8:25pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Mendonca1995

I do think this lad could well be a decent signing for us but in my opinion we need better options than him and cardwell and to score us some much needed goals for us next season I’m not knocking the lads by any means but I think we will see another 2 more strikers come in and after last seasons bunch quite rightly so UTM

How can you say we need better options than him when we've never seen him play?

I know you'll probably say he hasn't scored goals yet, but no striker has ever scored goals before being given a run of games in a team. They all start somewhere.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 70
friskneymariner
June 4, 2018, 8:30pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
How about Barny as nickname.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New striker signs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.