8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner_09
June 4, 2018, 3:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
I got all excited! Spanish striker who used to play for Liverpool, thought we’d signed Torres!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 70
June 4, 2018, 3:48pm
Guest User
Louis Robles for those who don't have IFollow:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Robles

Grimsby Town Football Club are pleased to announce the signing of striker, Louis Robles on an initial one-year-contract.

The 21-year-old joins The Mariners from Spanish Tercera División side, San Roque De Lepe.

Robles came through the Liverpool Academy, where he joined in 2005 until the age of 16 before moving to Wigan Athletic, making his debut for The Latics on the final day of the 14/15 season as a substitute away at Brentford. During the same season, Robles was awarded the Michael Millett Young Player of the Year.  

After loan spells at Macclesfield Town and Gloucester City, Robles made the move to America for 6 months, before returning to Europe to join Welsh Premier League side, Bangor City on a non-contract basis, scoring twice on his debut and only appearance for the club in the Welsh Cup in a 4-0 home victory over Llandudno Town.  

On the final day of the January transfer window of 2017, Robles made the move to Spain to join Atlético Baleares before making the move to his most recent club, San Roque De Lepe.

Louis spoke to gtfc.co.uk regarding his move earlier today. "The move came about through knowing Michael really", said Robles. "I had a few conversations with him when he was with his team in Sweden and I heard that he moved to Grimsby, so we made contact and made the move happen really."

"I knew Michael from his time at Burnley when we used to play against them. I liked how his teams set up and how his teams played and it really appealed to me, he's a young manager and I wanted to be part of it."

"Since I knew Michael was here I've been keeping an eye on the club, I know we've got a really good fan base, they're loud, they get behind the team and travel in numbers so I can't wait, I'm really looking forward to it!"

Speaking exclusively to gtfc.co.uk, Manager Michael Jolley has been discussing his newest recruit. "Louis is a young player who we feel can help us as a club, whilst simultaneously growing and improving as a player", said Jolley.

"He has good pedigree and has played senior football in the Championship. However, he knows that he will need to work hard to take the opportunity that he has been given at Grimsby Town. As a striker, Louis will naturally be judged on goals. Louis' first job will be to earn the right to play by working hard and playing for the team. I'm certain that he is up for the challenge."

"Please join me in welcoming Louis to our club and give him every support in his time with us".

You can catch Louis' first interview exclusively on iFollow Mariners.

Louis has signed up for the 18/19 campaign, have you? You can secure your seat for the new season via our online ticket office.
Reply: 11 - 70
MuddyWaters
June 4, 2018, 3:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Welcome Louis - not sure the Meggies beach will be up to your usual standard though!
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 70
CodHead
June 4, 2018, 3:55pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +169
Quoted from psgmariner
From all his retweets it seems he scored a few goals in Spain.

Yeah, but can he do it on a cold Tuesday night in Cheltenham?

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 70
LH
June 4, 2018, 3:56pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,456
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from psgmariner
From all his retweets it seems he scored a few goals in Spain.

Paellapot league etc etc.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 70
June 4, 2018, 4:03pm
Guest User
10 years with the Liverpool set up, he’s no mug!!

I like the fact that he’s moved around and happy to settle. He tells iPlayer that he wants to make Grimsby his new home!!

Good luck!! I’m sure MJ knows what he wants!

Reply: 15 - 70
sam gy
June 4, 2018, 4:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,416
Gold Stars: 53
Just watched his IFollow interview - wasn't expecting that haha. He's a full on broad scouser! Turns out he's half Spanish.

From Jolley's words, it sounds like he's a young, hungry player who isn't guaranteed to start and has a point to prove. Over to you, Louis!

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 70
bobbyturtle
June 4, 2018, 4:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
Welcome 😃utm

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 70
Town Monkey
June 4, 2018, 4:06pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +379
Gold Stars: 6
I'm actually excited by this.  He's clearly going to be a squad player, but he might, just might be a gem.  MJ clearly knows a bit about him and at least he's young and has potential and if it doesn't work out I doubt he's cost us a fortune.  If it does, everyone's a winner.  

Welcome aboard.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 70
forza ivano
June 4, 2018, 4:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,131
Gold Stars: 265
been playing at a very low level in spain at San Roque de Lepe , on loan from Atletico Balearas, scoring 6 goals in 22 + 11 games (that's about average for a gtfc striker, so he should fit right in!)

http://www.lapreferente.com/J222010C8248/san-roque-de-lepe/luis-robles.html

won Wigan's Young player of the year 3 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kUYRR-XEOQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IluQu6eqeQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZGMy4E_74U
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New striker signs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.