Reply: 2 - 70
pontoonlew
June 4, 2018, 3:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,840
Gold Stars: 167
Not a clue who he is but Jolley obviously knows something about him. Sure he'll love it, Spain can't have a patch on Cleethorpes.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 70
lukeo
June 4, 2018, 3:37pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,315
Gold Stars: 139
Quoted from lukeo
Looking at his wiki he's done nothing and struggled in a league 2 below us  

OS says he's signed... Although I've said the above I welcome him to the club and hope we can help kick start his career
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 70
Jarmo.Is.God
June 4, 2018, 3:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Take this over a 30 year old striker every day of the week.

Welcome! young, hungry player, who wants to play for a young, hungry manager.

Well done all round
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 70
Ipswin
June 4, 2018, 3:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Jolley must have met him on holiday playing in a waiters v holiday makers game on Palma beach

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 70
June 4, 2018, 3:44pm
Guest User
Louis Robles for those who don't have IFollow:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Robles

Grimsby Town Football Club are pleased to announce the signing of striker, Louis Robles on an initial one-year-contract.

The 21-year-old joins The Mariners from Spanish Tercera División side, San Roque De Lepe.

Robles came through the Liverpool Academy, where he joined in 2005 until the age of 16 before moving to Wigan Athletic, making his debut for The Latics on the final day of the 14/15 season as a substitute away at Brentford. During the same season, Robles was awarded the Michael Millett Young Player of the Year.  

After loan spells at Macclesfield Town and Gloucester City, Robles made the move to America for 6 months, before returning to Europe to join Welsh Premier League side, Bangor City on a non-contract basis, scoring twice on his debut and only appearance for the club in the Welsh Cup in a 4-0 home victory over Llandudno Town.  

On the final day of the January transfer window of 2017, Robles made the move to Spain to join Atlético Baleares before making the move to his most recent club, San Roque De Lepe.

Louis spoke to gtfc.co.uk regarding his move earlier today. "The move came about through knowing Michael really", said Robles. "I had a few conversations with him when he was with his team in Sweden and I heard that he moved to Grimsby, so we made contact and made the move happen really."

"I knew Michael from his time at Burnley when we used to play against them. I liked how his teams set up and how his teams played and it really appealed to me, he's a young manager and I wanted to be part of it."

"Since I knew Michael was here I've been keeping an eye on the club, I know we've got a really good fan base, they're loud, they get behind the team and travel in numbers so I can't wait, I'm really looking forward to it!"

Speaking exclusively to gtfc.co.uk, Manager Michael Jolley has been discussing his newest recruit. "Louis is a young player who we feel can help us as a club, whilst simultaneously growing and improving as a player", said Jolley.

"He has good pedigree and has played senior football in the Championship. However, he knows that he will need to work hard to take the opportunity that he has been given at Grimsby Town. As a striker, Louis will naturally be judged on goals. Louis' first job will be to earn the right to play by working hard and playing for the team. I'm certain that he is up for the challenge."

"Please join me in welcoming Louis to our club and give him every support in his time with us".

You can catch Louis' first interview exclusively on iFollow Mariners.

Louis has signed up for the 18/19 campaign, have you? You can secure your seat for the new season via our online ticket office.
Reply: 7 - 70
GtfcGarner
June 4, 2018, 3:45pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +31 / -13
Approval: +1,788
Gold Stars: 26
Won’t write him off before he’s kicked a football. Don’t think he can be any worse than Vernon can he. UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 70
psgmariner
June 4, 2018, 3:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
From all his retweets it seems he scored a few goals in Spain.

Private Message
Reply: 9 - 70
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New striker signs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.