5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Stew0_0
June 4, 2018, 4:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,196
Gold Stars: 35
I have the feeling that all towns signings this season will be complete unknowns to towns fans. Besides why would a town manager thats been he 3/4 months go back and sign ex-players from years gone by.
Sorry Palmer but we move on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
mariner paul
June 4, 2018, 4:58pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +30
No don't need him Jolly knows who he wants
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 44
Marinerz93
June 4, 2018, 5:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1

Wow.
Your like our feeder club.

Hes actually okay - Just not when he starts a game.

I've just seen Rhead getting in some pre season practice

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Dk1eYm6.gif[/img]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
oldun
June 4, 2018, 5:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
No he had his time. Best teeth bottle opening I have seen though, that's how I remember him. Lets leave it at that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
rancido
June 4, 2018, 5:35pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from ska face
This club is flipping obsessed.

Let them go. You’d be digging up Pat Glover if you had the chance.

It's not the club that is obsessed with ex players but the fans!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
BottesfordMariner
June 4, 2018, 5:58pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Palmer do well for us in the Conference days. But he hasnt exactly shone since.

Would i have him back? If he was going to be the main striker then no. I think we need better. He would only add depth to the striking options imo. A squad player and i dont think that is what we need.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
jamesgtfc
June 4, 2018, 6:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
I have seen a few Lincoln games the last 2 seasons through work and Palmer has been on the sidelines due to the form of Rhead but regularly comes off the bench as Rhead can't last 90 minutes.

His stats are quite good when broken down to minutes per goal and he seems to be a decent all rounder which if you are going to have a Plan A, B and C, it is certainly useful. I've seen him score some good, important goals for Lincoln. I understand he is a former player but let's take that out of the equation:

He's scored goals this season and been a squad player in a team that was 90 disastrous minutes away from a second Wembley appearance this season. We, however took our survival to the penultimate game of the season and our top scoring striker managed 6 league goals all season courtesy of a final day hat-trick.

Unfortunately we are currently at a level where players from most local rivals would be an improvement on what we have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
chaos33
June 4, 2018, 7:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Generally share the skepticism over ex players, but putting that aside, and under Jolley - could be a good striker to have in the squad due to his style and how he has a lot of the vital aspects to the forward role covered.

Good age and experience level too in what could be a younger squad overall next season , and should be hungry to actually win something he has played a proper part in. Wouldn't be against it at all if Jolley was actually interested - haven't  actually seen anything to suggest that.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 44
WesternMariner
June 4, 2018, 7:33pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +894
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from ska face
This club is flipping obsessed.

Let them go. You’d be digging up Pat Glover if you had the chance.

He'd be an improvement on most of last season god rest his soul.

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
jimgtfc
June 4, 2018, 8:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,094
Gold Stars: 44
Who cares wether he’s played for us or not? The lad can score goals, not 20+ a season but more than Jamile Matt or Scott Vernon could muster between them.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ollie Palmer

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.