Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Graham Rodger.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 313 Guests

Graham Rodger.

This thread currently has 6,262 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
June 1, 2018, 7:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Dyson was shite.
Can we just leave backroom staff alone. Surely their is no way you could know if he was doing a good job or not unless you worked within the management team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 27
Posh Harry
June 2, 2018, 8:29am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Dyson was shite.
Can we just leave backroom staff alone. Surely their is no way you could know if he was doing a good job or not unless you worked within the management team.

Really? Dyson was shite? What the hell does that make our strike force last year? He was no Messi but if we had him last season we would have had a striker who would score a few goals and might have not been in the position we were.

Imho

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 27
June 2, 2018, 8:50am
Guest User
Graham is a personal friend of mine, and someone that I have worked with/for briefly. In addition to attending FA courses with.

I can assure you that the position of chief scout involves far more than finding new signings. There are two parts to the role, namely Tactical Scout and Talent ID scout.

As a tactical scout Grez covers many miles watching football, and not just on Saturdays. It involves watching opponents and reporting back to the manager. You can’t be in two places at once either, and so building a trusted network of other scouts helps him in getting other views on opponents too.

Talent ID consists of identifying potential signings in addition to going to watch and report on any players that the manager asks you to. And again, seeking the opinion of other scouts in his network that might be familiar with a player.

It is not unusual that Grez isn’t credited for any of the signings made from players he has identified. Neither do you hear about players that he has recommended that the club don’t pursue, that have gone on to forge great careers elsewhere.

Prior to becoming chief scout at Grimsby Town, Grez was already working as a freelance scout for a number of very well known managers, and was equally as busy as he is now having committed to Grimsby.

A great football professional and an even better person.

Hope this helps to understand his role a bit better.
Reply: 12 - 27
The Yard Dog
June 2, 2018, 9:14am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,443
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from fiveallive
I just can't remember any players signing who he has had a Impact is us signing any players[/b] I would like to know[b] what players he has recommended because I moment I don't think there are any at the moment.

Are you just bored, nothing else to do, just another negative thread.
Try to look at all the positive things that are happening, I know it difficult being a town fan over the past seasons.

If you like to know, why not address you question directly to Mr Rodger.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 27
Abdul19
June 2, 2018, 3:26pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
If it was up to me I'd invite bignott back as chief scout, couldn't organise a p1ss up in a brewery as a manager but could see a quality player as in bogle, osborne and, slightly controversial, bolerinwar....go on, I'm thick skinned, bring on the red ones!!!

Hursts signed Bolerinwar.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 27
Theimperialcoroner
June 2, 2018, 3:33pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,088
Gold Stars: 93
Is fivealive actually Wayne in disguise?

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 27
golfer
June 2, 2018, 4:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
Quoted from fiveallive
Graham Rodger his he still lead chief scout, what as he done who has he been scouting, when Gary Wild was here at least he played a apart in Calum Dyson coming in, I don't know any signings Rodger has had a part in bringing in or who's he been scouting. At the time I thought it was old pals act with Slade.

You don't actually think anybody would want it known if they had a part in the majority of the last 2 years signings
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 27
fiveallive
June 2, 2018, 4:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Is fivealive actually Wayne in disguise?

Who's Wayne?.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 27
fiveallive
June 2, 2018, 4:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
I just asked question about Rodger wasn't trying to be negative just wanted to know what he actually did thought his job was scouting players.

I forgot that you ask a question on here and you get battered for it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 27
Balthazar Bullitt
June 2, 2018, 4:47pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from fiveallive

Who's Wayne?.

Hello Yoda
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Graham Rodger.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.