9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
June 4, 2018, 11:49am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Lincoln should be considered one of the favourites in league 2 next season and rightly so. They have had an incredible past 2 seasons and have steadily improved, on and off the pitch, and have also banked a serious amount of dough, which looks certain to carry on with their massive increase in attendances. Like it or not, they are going through a purple patch as a club and are currently way ahead of where we are. I think Danny Cowley is and ar$e myself, but if he continues to improve Lincoln as he has already done, no-one of an Imp persuasion is going to be complaining too much. If we finish anywhere near where i expect Lincoln to finish next season, we will have had a very good season IMO. May be my age but i don't feel that much rivalry with them, so perhaps don't feel so bitter about their recent success. Having said that, if they flop, i will be greatly amused.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 80
Les Brechin
June 4, 2018, 1:47pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from LeeVanCleef

Actually, I think you may be a little off the mark here. I think the majority of us would prefer Lincoln to be in the same league as us, so we can beat you regularly.

We don't want you to fail, we just don't want you to be above us.

That means we wanted them to fail in the play-offs though.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 80
BottesfordMariner
June 4, 2018, 7:15pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
I must admit i was a bit surprised when I heard Nathan had signed for Boston United.

Talent wise he is easily good enough for L2. At 30 yrs old you would have thought he still had something to offer at a higher level. But I think we sometimes lose sight of the mental side of things in sports and in life in general and the effect it has. We sometimes forget footballers are human beings and subject to the stress and anxieties of life just like the rest of us.

Nathan has spoken out on how he has struggled to cope at times. Who knows where his undoubted talent could have taken him. On his day he was a matchwinner who could light up a game..

I think most of us on here were surprised when Nathan left us in 2016 after we won promotion just to go back to non league at the time with Lincoln. But it was obviously something he felt he needed to do. Boston seems to be the place he wants to be now.

Good luck to him. He will always be loved in Grimsby.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 80
Trickytrev
June 4, 2018, 7:38pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +117
He's gone part time with Boston more info here.-

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44357613
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 80
BottesfordMariner
June 4, 2018, 7:50pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Quoted from Trickytrev
He's gone part time with Boston more info here.-

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44357613

His experience of mental health issues has led him to wanting to help others. Being part time he feels enables him to better do that.

Good for him for wanting to make a difference. Got to respect him for that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 80
Grantley
June 4, 2018, 7:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517

Firstly you do realise that all of these players get nowhere near our starting 11 (Bar Rhead and Danny is already saying we will be playing a different style next year). Farman played I think a couple of games _ we had Alsopp on loan from Bournemouth and Vickers is our No.1 and rightly so.

Whitehouse would love to stay here but I totally understand his decision to look to a team he can get games - Which won't be for us - His first touch is like a pass.
I am sure you would love us to fail, but having generated nearly 5 million in 2 years, and getting nearly 9k at Sincil Bank every week, which generates more - I am not sure that time is likely to happen just yet. I am pretty sure our recruitment will again be good this year.

Matt Green featured over 50 times for you this season? And Farman was definitely your number 1 until he quickly got found out.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 80
LeeVanCleef
June 4, 2018, 9:58pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +180
Quoted from Les Brechin

That means we wanted them to fail in the play-offs though.

I guess you're right. Damn.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 80
KingstonMariner
June 4, 2018, 10:47pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from LeeVanCleef

Actually, I think you may be a little off the mark here. I think the majority of us would prefer Lincoln to be in the same league as us, so we can beat you regularly.

We don't want you to fail, we just don't want you to be above us.

Yep. Like when Hull nearly went out of business at Boothferry Park when they were in the 4th division/3rd division/League 2. I would have been devastated. We were in the second flight at the time and I enjoyed looking down on them.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 80
KingstonMariner
June 4, 2018, 10:48pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from BottesfordMariner
I must admit i was a bit surprised when I heard Nathan had signed for Boston United.

Talent wise he is easily good enough for L2. At 30 yrs old you would have thought he still had something to offer at a higher level. But I think we sometimes lose sight of the mental side of things in sports and in life in general and the effect it has. We sometimes forget footballers are human beings and subject to the stress and anxieties of life just like the rest of us.

Nathan has spoken out on how he has struggled to cope at times. Who knows where his undoubted talent could have taken him. On his day he was a matchwinner who could light up a game..

I think most of us on here were surprised when Nathan left us in 2016 after we won promotion just to go back to non league at the time with Lincoln. But it was obviously something he felt he needed to do. Boston seems to be the place he wants to be now.

Good luck to him. He will always be loved in Grimsby.

Aye. Some jobs are just not worth the extra money they give you, if it's not right for you. And, to probably misquote Ian Dury,  life is too short for business you don't need.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 80
1mickylyons
June 5, 2018, 9:26am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Nathan had some great games for Grimsby and Lincoln but his stand out game for me was home to either Gateshead or Woking  just after his Mum died he played like a man possessed and won us the game. He also scored some screamer`s in his time and along with Liam Hearn and Shaun Pearson made me realise there are still some hidden gems to be unearthed at Non League level.I wish him all the luck in the World a real fan`s favourite on and off the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nathan Arnold Makes Sincil Bank Exit

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.