3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Southwark Mariner
June 1, 2018, 10:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 81
the mini tour final was Luton but I thought we avoided that and went back to play Scunthorpe.

yeah just bothered to look at good old cod almighty and we won all our games in the errea cup and then flipped off back to lose against Scunthorpe in the lincs cup.

http://www.codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=season

I'd forgotten about Barnstaple....recently visited there already three sheets to the wind but still thought it was a bit of a dive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 1, 2018, 10:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,761
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
the mini tour final was Luton but I thought we avoided that and went back to play Scunthorpe.

yeah just bothered to look at good old cod almighty and we won all our games in the errea cup and then flipped off back to lose against Scunthorpe in the lincs cup.

http://www.codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=season

I'd forgotten about Barnstaple....recently visited there already three sheets to the wind but still thought it was a bit of a dive.

Stayed in Barnstaple too mate about 2 months ago. Agree very disappointed with it, though the hotel (park hotel) was pretty damn good. The other place we thought was shite was ilfracombe.

Does make me laugh that ar5eholes in the south think you are mad when ordering haddock

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
Southwark Mariner
June 1, 2018, 11:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Stayed in Barnstaple too mate about 2 months ago. Agree very disappointed with it, though the hotel (park hotel) was pretty damn good. The other place we thought was shite was ilfracombe.

Does make me laugh that ar5eholes in the south think you are mad when ordering haddock

I did the Tarka ale trail starting from Yeomath (had done the Exeter pubs the night before, both great pubs) which was flipping awful for a pub crawl. The first pub in Yeomath was actually alright and I'd happily go back...but it's a request stop on the train. Then the next two stops we couldn't get to because the trains would only stop there about twice a day...which left the pubs of Barnstaple....which, pardon my francaise...were shiiiite. The Reform Inn brewery was a disgrace.

https://greatscenicrailways.co.uk/great-days-out/rail-ale-trails/tarka-line-rail-ale-trail/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
lukeo
June 2, 2018, 8:16am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
If you go to the right places north Devon is great for holidays, beach days out etc.. But regards Barnstaple I agree it isn't anything special.. Although I have to defend illfracombe as I've had a few days out their and a couple of sun holidays and enjoyed it every time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
Posh Harry
June 2, 2018, 9:12am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from ska face

You got a holiday home down there John?

It’s a shite tour if we’re being realistic, the club embarassed themselves down there a few years ago with Newell and it’s as far away from GY as possible without giving the fans a chance of a decent trip.

Still, when have the old boys network ever given a toss about the fans?

I love a good old positive post on the fishy 😊
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 2, 2018, 7:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

I did the Tarka ale trail starting from Yeomath (had done the Exeter pubs the night before, both great pubs) which was flipping awful for a pub crawl. The first pub in Yeomath was actually alright and I'd happily go back...but it's a request stop on the train. Then the next two stops we couldn't get to because the trains would only stop there about twice a day...which left the pubs of Barnstaple....which, pardon my francaise...were shiiiite. The Reform Inn brewery was a disgrace.

https://greatscenicrailways.co.uk/great-days-out/rail-ale-trails/tarka-line-rail-ale-trail/

Work for a beer company so, may have to use it as an excuse to visit!

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
TheRealJohnLewis
June 2, 2018, 8:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Work for a beer company so, may have to use it as an excuse to visit!

BBQ at yours pre match with free beers?

Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 2, 2018, 11:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

BBQ at yours pre match with free beers?

Always welcome mate. Hell of a trek though lol

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 22
somersetmariner
June 3, 2018, 9:32am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4
Was it in the pre season Devon tour, that one of the Grimsby town staff, got very drunk and ran down the corridors of the team hotel, naked, setting of fire alarms, with a sausage where the sun don’t shine ?

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
rancido
June 3, 2018, 12:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 92
South Devon is a beautiful area. I had a pub down there many years ago in a village called Stoke Gabriel just outside Paignton. Great times !!!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Pre season in Devon

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.