6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
May 29, 2018, 10:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Henderson (if he can get him, the Ipswich owner is a tight illegitimate), Nolan and Toto I reckon

On reflection he'll only need Henderson if the current Ipswich keeper (a Polish international whose name I can neither spell or pronounce) gets sold to the Premiership (a number of Prem clubs are interested).

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 50
1mickylyons
May 29, 2018, 10:22am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
delighted to see the Ipswich fans have come up with the chant

small Paul`s Blue and White Army
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 50
chaos33
May 29, 2018, 10:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,869
Gold Stars: 353
Toto will get bounced around and whipped in the championship!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 50
forza ivano
May 29, 2018, 12:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
one other thing to remember. ph has now had 1.5 seasons in div 1 so has good experience of that level player-wise, plus we don't know what players he presently has who could make the step up. finally we all know that 1 thing ph does do is work vv hard and goes to loads of games to scout out potential targets.
i don't think he will be found wanting in terms of player recruitment is the point im making
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 50
Ipswin
May 29, 2018, 12:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from forza ivano
one other thing to remember. ph has now had 1.5 seasons in div 1 so has good experience of that level player-wise, plus we don't know what players he presently has who could make the step up. finally we all know that 1 thing ph does do is work vv hard and goes to loads of games to scout out potential targets.
i don't think he will be found wanting in terms of player recruitment is the point im making

He's likely to be short of funds tho'

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 50
Cloudy
May 29, 2018, 12:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Ipswin

He's likely to be short of funds tho'

As he was at Shrews
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 50
dapperz fun pub
May 29, 2018, 1:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Cloudy

As he was at Shrews

Big jump in levels though this time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 50
FishOutOfWater
May 29, 2018, 1:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from 1mickylyons
I went to an FA Cup game probably early 90s we took 3-4k and lost 4-0 I think a Bulgarian scored a hat trick for them on debut?

13th February 1993 it was

It was the day that I got married.. maybe I should have gone to Portman Road instead!  

Boncho Genchev got the hat-trick
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 37 - 50
Abdul19
May 29, 2018, 1:36pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

13th February 1993 it was

It was the day that I got married.. maybe I should have gone to Portman Road instead!  

Boncho Genchev got the hat-trick

Abdul's fact of the day:

He also played for Luton in their 7-1 BP hammering 3 years later.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 50
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 29, 2018, 1:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Cloudy

As he was at Shrews

I feel sorry for the Shrewsbury fans. OK they got 2 Wembley trips but they achieved nothing in the end apart from filling the coffers a bit. As for their budget, it was low compared to the 3 promoted sides which was the point I think the manager made. They had parachute payments and it showed in the end although a number of Shrews fans commented on the lack of ambition from the side in the last 10 or so league games. Next year the Shrews will need a new manager, most of a new side and still face three sides from the Championship with parachute budgets. They may lose one or two who are on contract but the stars of the side are on loan so they get no return on them. On the plus side they do have some cup money.

At least one Shrews fan was not impressed with the way things have gone but I suppose you could say we did that with Boston.

"This sounds more like a deal was struck weeks ago & Ipswich didn’t even make the official request themselves. I get the impression that Caldwell thought Hurst & Doig were the open/honest type but failed to be at the very last."

Read more: http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/97526/ipswich-tapped-hurst#ixzz5GtT5R6IB

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ipswich

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.