Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Atmosphere and memories..
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 396 Guests

Atmosphere and memories..

This thread currently has 2,976 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
May 29, 2018, 1:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Burnley away when Donovan smashed that shot in pretty much sealing our first trip to Wembley !!

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
forza ivano
May 29, 2018, 1:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
home to wba when bonetti scored the winner. still makes the hairs on the back of my neck go up when i think about it now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
GTFC_85
May 29, 2018, 2:37pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +233
Gold Stars: 3
The 5-2 Palace and 6-2 Wimbledon home games were some of the best i've known at BP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
Sigone
May 29, 2018, 2:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,606
Gold Stars: 5
Wolves in the league cup quarter final 1979..Andy Gray said it was the most hostile atmosphere he had played in despite it being half the attendance he was used to playing in front of.  The Fulham play off game is the best I've known at B.P since the Findus stand has been built.  Exeter 1991 2nd half is the most anxious I've known B.P to be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
jock dock tower
May 29, 2018, 7:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Going back a wee bit further in time, the away days at Scunny (11,150) Lincoln (15.015) Brentford (14,620) and Doncaster (12,230) in the 1971-72 season were absolutely mental. My first season as a wage earner, and being able to afford to travel the country - even as a first year apprentice - gave me an opportunity to take part in some of the greatest away days of my life.

Coventry 1972-3 FAC wasn't bad either.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
KingstonMariner
May 29, 2018, 8:54pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings

That was ace. Stood and watched a crowd, including my very drunken brother singing all the way through the half time break, with beer flying everywhere. When we went back in for the second half, my brother was nowhere to be seen, so after about 10 mins, i went looking for him and he was wandering around the concourse totally lost, and couldn't remember where his seat was. He had spent the whole pre match and most of the game telling anyone and everyone we were going to win 3-1, so much so that a few of our group put money on it and won a fair few quid. Never forget them all hugging and kissing him  at the final whistle, while he stood there with tears in his eyes. Will live long in the memory banks.

Sounds like your brother would have had trouble with it though.

That bit about wandering around the concourse looking for the right direction brings shivers to my spine. Vague memories of wandering confused round tube stations after a few too many cold drinks. Brrrrr!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
Mrs Doyle
May 30, 2018, 4:36am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Seen some unforgettable moments with GTFC those memorable nights at Blundell Park in cup games Everton etc.

But I have got to say against all the odds that last home game for drama and relief (Blundell Park rocking) the last minute goal by Matt in the ponny end was right up there with the best.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Atmosphere and memories..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.