14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
fleabag1970
May 27, 2018, 9:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
In burst we trust

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 139
chaos33
May 27, 2018, 10:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from Grantley
yeah, putting up a 'Hurst Out' banner halfway through a playoff semi, why on earth would he want to cup his ears?

Yep, it's fine to tarnish the final for thousands of fans because one person put up a banner. Unless he spotted the person in the crowd and aimed it only at him.
I think it was a lesson in professionalism - ie, what not to do. I doubt Hurst will react like that in future under similar circumstances. I think he'll show more class, composure and perspective. If he does progress to management of a big club at league one or championship level he'll have to learn to deal with expectation, criticism, pressure and derision - on a much grander scale than at Town, so good luck to him and I'm sure he'll do well.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 139
MuddyWaters
May 27, 2018, 10:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from chaos33

Yep, it's fine to tarnish the final for thousands of fans because one person put up a banner. Unless he spotted the person in the crowd and aimed it only at him.
I think it was a lesson in professionalism - ie, what not to do. I doubt Hurst will react like that in future under similar circumstances. I think he'll show more class, composure and perspective. If he does progress to management of a big club at league one or championship level he'll have to learn to deal with expectation, criticism, pressure and derision - on a much grander scale than at Town, so good luck to him and I'm sure he'll do well.

Well, if you stick a tenner on him to be Ipswich manager tonight, you will be in profit by a quid.
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 139
RichMariner
May 27, 2018, 11:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Quick update on the competition... nine people correctly guessed Fulham & Rotherham to win and they are:

sonofmadeleymariner (Exeter)
GTFC42 (Exeter)
Abdul19 (Coventry)
The Old Codger (Coventry)
Les Brechin (Coventry)
chaos 33 (Coventry)
penrith mariner (Exeter)
Kingston Mariner (Exeter)
PrestwichMariner (Coventry)

If Exeter win then sonofmadeleymariner takes the playoff crown for being the first to submit the correct predictions. Likewise, if Coventry win then Abdul19 is the playoff king.

Unless you each want to predict the time of the first goal as a tiebreaker?

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 103 - 139
Grantley
May 27, 2018, 11:13pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from chaos33

I’d wonder if certain people had an agenda if that managed to tarnish the final for them.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 139
Mrs Doyle
May 28, 2018, 3:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Being the chairman or manager of GTFC is a passionate affair the fans will certainly let you know their feelings.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 139
dapperz fun pub
May 28, 2018, 7:29am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Being the chairman or manager of GTFC is a passionate affair the fans will certainly let you know their feelings.  

Being chairman or manager of gtfc is a honour but like the Gerald ratner moment once you abuse the your customer base it’s basicaly over even if you still hang around
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 139
moosey_club
May 28, 2018, 9:07am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Being chairman or manager of gtfc is a honour but like the Gerald ratner moment once you abuse the your customer base it’s basicaly over even if you still hang around

Ryan Air dont do too bad out of it.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 139
grimsby pete
May 28, 2018, 10:47am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
I did not see this thread until after Fulham had won so did not enter,

I did pick Fulham to win though and also Rotherham,

I can not get 3 right out of 3 so I am going for Coventry to win,

That's because I really want Exeter to go up.

2,000 Coventry fans at the park next season or less than 200 Exeter .

No contest.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 139
HertsGTFC
May 28, 2018, 11:00am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

If hundreds of people gave you dogs abuse (to the level he got at Halifax) just for doing what you thought was right in your job wouldn't you take the opportunity to push back a bit?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 139
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Play-offs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.