5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
May 24, 2018, 2:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Heisenberg
Clements is a good player.  If we look at the ones Slade fell out with, it's mainly Clements, Sam Jones and Jamey Osborne.  Personally I'd have all 3 back here in a flash, but admittedly Jones and Osborne were stand-out players, Clements maybe less so.

Jolley couldn't make an assessment on him.  Obviously Clements has told him he doesn't want to come back, so Jolley's let him go instead of fighting against the wishes of a disillusioned player.

Anyway, him leaving makes Harry Clifton a more likely starter, which is a good thing.

Onwards and upwards, good luck to the guy.  No animosity from any of us.

There is from me!

He turned up late last summer grossly overweight like some player from the 1970's. He then wasnt prepared to put the effort in to get back in to shape. I, like most others, werent a fan of Slade but i dont blame him one bit for getting rid.

When virtually the highest paid player is tossing it off and not giving a excrement then that makes me angry.

Good riddance
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 42
Abdul19
May 24, 2018, 3:07pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Didn't he turn up late because his mum died?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 42
Heisenberg
May 24, 2018, 3:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,035
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Abdul19
Didn't he turn up late because his mum died?

Cloudy obviously thinks players need to act like robots, Abdul. How dare he have human emotions!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 42
rancido
May 24, 2018, 3:26pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,571
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Heisenberg

Cloudy obviously thinks players need to act like robots, Abdul. How dare he have human emotions!

That's because a cloud has no emotions and is just full of water.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 42
MuddyWaters
May 24, 2018, 3:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
If he was on the money that he was supposed to be on then I would hope MJ will replace him with someone who represents better value.

That said, his Mum's passing would have had a serious impact on him last summer and Slade should have cut him some slack.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 42
headingly_mariner
May 24, 2018, 3:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Capable player but he was mostly missing in games. The poor games outnumbered the good. One of those players that gets better when they’re out of the team.
Still a shame about his personal problems, I think he would’ve played more without them.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 42
diehardmariner
May 24, 2018, 4:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,544
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from Cloudy

There is from me!

He turned up late last summer grossly overweight like some player from the 1970's. He then wasnt prepared to put the effort in to get back in to shape. I, like most others, werent a fan of Slade but i dont blame him one bit for getting rid.

When virtually the highest paid player is tossing it off and not giving a excrement then that makes me angry.

Good riddance

Heaven forbid we, as a club, tried to work with a player who clearly was suffering rather than just hang him out to dry.

Just like Jamey Osborne, the club failed in its duty to Clements here.  Both were treat as numbers rather than as people and rather than helping them the approach was to move them out the building - out of sight, out of mind.  Thankfully Jolley seems far more clued up than Slade and will look to the psychology and happiness of his players, rather than just thinking a table and Sky TV will make put smiles on their faces.

As a player, I felt Clements was very decent for us.  Scored a fair few goals, despite not being a box-to-box midfielder and was also very capable of picking a pass out.  Put it this way, I would have had him in the team over both James Berrett and Mitch Rose who managed 60 appearances between them last season.

If, as suggested, he was a top-earner and well above the rest of the squad, I would say he's probably not best value for money and would trust Jolley to use that money better.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 42
Mariner_09
May 24, 2018, 4:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
You want your top earner to be a regular match winner and I’m not sure he was that. He, like Asante, McAllister and Osborne, improved exponentially while out of the side. Hopefully MJ can spread his pay around other areas and find players of better quality in all positions.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 42
oldun
May 24, 2018, 5:01pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
The Invisible Man. If he was that highly thought of why was he rarely picked and then loaned out?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 42
oldun
May 24, 2018, 5:01pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
The Invisible Man. If he was that highly thought of why was he rarely picked and then loaned out?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chris Clements

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.