grimsby pete
May 27, 2018, 12:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Support the team but protest against the board,

You never know Fenty and Co might have learnt their lesson and will remain silent and let MJ do the PR.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 64
diehardmariner
May 27, 2018, 4:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,530
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from rancido

The thing is that if we allow are dislike for the Board and non-Chairman to avoid BP or not renew a ST then we hit the club financially. We could reach a point when the financial situation drags the club down to a point where, even if JF and Co were to leave, we might not recover. I'm not saying we would cease to exist but another relegation into non-league could see us sink into the abyss that York, Stockport and Darlington are in. That could put us out in the cold for a long time.

Feelings have eased somewhat since but around the height or the Fenty protests there was an awful lot of tall about a phoenix club. I don't think this was the preference for anyone but it was there as a genuine discussion point.

When it's got to that point, it's not surprise people aren't prepared to renew.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 64
KingstonMariner
May 27, 2018, 6:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from rancido

Not really. It's a simple decision if you buy a season ticket or not and that helps the club financially. By dragging JF and the Board into that decision you are just complicating that decision. It's a fact that if fans ,that can ,don't buy a season ticket then that affects the club financially. If the reason for not buying is because of the Board then that financial shortfall will continue until the Board decides to call it a day.

This sounds pretty much like Project Fear: 'We could reach a point when the financial situation drags the club down to a point where, even if JF and Co were to leave, we might not recover. I'm not saying we would cease to exist but another relegation into non-league could see us sink into the abyss that York, Stockport and Darlington are in. That could put us out in the cold for a long time.'

I read it like you're saying if we don't back the club financially, as a tactic to get rid of the current board, we are risking the club's existence.

I'd say the opposite is equally true. Unless we see real evidence of changes in practice, we're equally risking the future of the club whilst the present regime remains in place.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 64
rancido
May 28, 2018, 11:59am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,567
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from KingstonMariner

This sounds pretty much like Project Fear: 'We could reach a point when the financial situation drags the club down to a point where, even if JF and Co were to leave, we might not recover. I'm not saying we would cease to exist but another relegation into non-league could see us sink into the abyss that York, Stockport and Darlington are in. That could put us out in the cold for a long time.'

I read it like you're saying if we don't back the club financially, as a tactic to get rid of the current board, we are risking the club's existence.

I'd say the opposite is equally true. Unless we see real evidence of changes in practice, we're equally risking the future of the club whilst the present regime remains in place.

By all means protest against the running of the club by any vocal means you think best but I feel that withdrawing financial support is not the answer. It's not a case of " put up or shut up" as I believe an earlier poster suggested but approaching the issues that the club is in by two different routes. Support the club financially but make it absolutely clear that that it in no way reflects how we feel the club is being run by the current regime. I want JF gone as much as the next man, not because I dislike the guy but I believe his tenure has run it's course and we need a new direction that only " fresh blood " can give us.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 64
KingstonMariner
May 28, 2018, 7:12pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from rancido

By all means protest against the running of the club by any vocal means you think best but I feel that withdrawing financial support is not the answer. It's not a case of " put up or shut up" as I believe an earlier poster suggested but approaching the issues that the club is in by two different routes. Support the club financially but make it absolutely clear that that it in no way reflects how we feel the club is being run by the current regime. I want JF gone as much as the next man, not because I dislike the guy but I believe his tenure has run it's course and we need a new direction that only " fresh blood " can give us.

I think we're not that far apart on it. If I was up there, I'd be torn about getting a season ticket. It's easy for me because it's academic anyway. I think each person needs to come to whatever decision they are comfortable with. Whatever it is it should be respected.

We need to find another way.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ST information 2018/19

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.