rancido
May 25, 2018, 5:30pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,571
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from diehardmariner
But you could argue that by continuing to go under the current regime, you continue to support the individual.

We can grumble all we like about how Fenty runs the ship but if fans continue to put their money into the club and attend games, he'll continue as he is.

Make no mistake about it, the reason Slade was sacked had nothing to do with the protests or the shoddy performances/results.  It was because the gates were dropping at an alarming rate.

I dunno, I wouldn't criticise anyone for going or for staying away.  I'm pretty certain I'm renewing despite a previous stance of absolutely not.  Part of that is habit, another part is because I was entertained and encouraged towards the back end of the season and providing Jolley is given enough scope I think we're in for a good season.  But my renewal most definitely is not an endorsement of the current running of the club from the top.  The disgraceful way it has been run, especially in the last 18 months, will not be forgotten that easily.

Rather hopefully, I have a thought in the back of my mind that the more successful we are on the pitch increases the profile of the club and therefore the potential of someone coming in with enough money and desire to buy Fenty out.   If only it were that simple...

Chairmen , Board members, players and managers come and go. I've seen them all in 50+ years but GTFC is the reason I go to BP and watch the Mariners.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 64
diehardmariner
May 25, 2018, 5:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,544
Gold Stars: 537
I completely agree, rancido. But ginnywings sums it up for me when he says he was made to feel like an irrelevance to the club last year.

For that alone I can understand completely why people won't renew, Jolley factor or not. Eventually people say enough is enough.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 64
lukeo
May 26, 2018, 7:17am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Almost 400 sold already is good, nice to see the club are trying to keep the S T banner at the top of the OS, they need to really try get it out their and put it in people's faces. If we can get 3,000 and get a good start to the season we should get over 5,000 most games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 64
Mrs Doyle
May 26, 2018, 8:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
One big myth M.J. well and truly put to bed was players bottling it at Blundell Park when big gates were in attendance.

Those last few home games saw a stronger team mentality and physically not seen at Blundell Park for years.

It was impressive and infectious the work rate was brilliant if Jolley can continue to do that I'm in.

For once in a very long time, I enjoyed my Blundell Park experience as much as going to an away game and that is a credit to Mike Jolly alone.   UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 64
KingstonMariner
May 26, 2018, 8:22am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Good point Mrs D. Think he brought a sports psychologist in didn't he? Might have had something to do with it. The improvement in team resilience was noticeable by all the late goals we got.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 64
rancido
May 26, 2018, 12:36pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from diehardmariner
I completely agree, rancido. But ginnywings sums it up for me when he says he was made to feel like an irrelevance to the club last year.

For that alone I can understand completely why people won't renew, Jolley factor or not. Eventually people say enough is enough.

The thing is that if we allow are dislike for the Board and non-Chairman to avoid BP or not renew a ST then we hit the club financially. We could reach a point when the financial situation drags the club down to a point where, even if JF and Co were to leave, we might not recover. I'm not saying we would cease to exist but another relegation into non-league could see us sink into the abyss that York, Stockport and Darlington are in. That could put us out in the cold for a long time.

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 64
KingstonMariner
May 26, 2018, 1:32pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Isn't that what Brexiteers called 'Project Fear' Rancido?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 64
grimsby pete
May 26, 2018, 6:06pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Look when I phone up and want to buy a ticket on the few times I return home,

I don't want the office girls to ask me " where would you like to sit "

I want them to say  " Findus is sold out but we have a few seats in the Pontoon and the Main Stand "

Annoying for me but pleased for the club.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 64
rancido
May 27, 2018, 11:38am

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Isn't that what Brexiteers called 'Project Fear' Rancido?

Not really. It's a simple decision if you buy a season ticket or not and that helps the club financially. By dragging JF and the Board into that decision you are just complicating that decision. It's a fact that if fans ,that can ,don't buy a season ticket then that affects the club financially. If the reason for not buying is because of the Board then that financial shortfall will continue until the Board decides to call it a day.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 64
Cloudy
May 27, 2018, 12:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from rancido

Not really. It's a simple decision if you buy a season ticket or not and that helps the club financially. By dragging JF and the Board into that decision you are just complicating that decision. It's a fact that if fans ,that can ,don't buy a season ticket then that affects the club financially. If the reason for not buying is because of the Board then that financial shortfall will continue until the Board decides to call it a day.

So you are saying the only way to effect change is to inflict financial pain on the board so they 'call it a day'?
I think thats what most suspect. the alternative being 'put up and shut up' which has been the boards line for 15 years
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ST information 2018/19

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.