KingstonMariner
May 19, 2018, 1:39pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HackneyHaddock

Happy to.  Our shocker from the ref in the Bristol Rovers game was paid back to us with a soft penalty against Braintree.  In 1991 we were denied a clear penalty against Bolton Wanderers but by the end of that season John Cockerill's first against Exeter was (maybe?) offside but given, so karma worked itself out.  There are loads of examples, but these are part of the story of football.  England being cheated against Argentina in 1986 is part of football folklore, and the feeling we're "owed one" is part of the narrative of the game and being a fan.  

Our Teutonic cousins would have that as karma for 'der Wembley-Tor'. But it still rankles with me. The cheating little, chubby ba-stard.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 21
arryarryarry
May 19, 2018, 8:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from HackneyHaddock

Happy to.  Our shocker from the ref in the Bristol Rovers game was paid back to us with a soft penalty against Braintree.  In 1991 we were denied a clear penalty against Bolton Wanderers but by the end of that season John Cockerill's first against Exeter was (maybe?) offside but given, so karma worked itself out.  There are loads of examples, but these are part of the story of football.  England being cheated against Argentina in 1986 is part of football folklore, and the feeling we're "owed one" is part of the narrative of the game and being a fan.  

The so called shocker wasn't a disallowed goal, it was never a soft penalty against Braintree and Cockerill's goal wasn't offside so you will have to better than that.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts v Cov

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.