2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
May 18, 2018, 10:57pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,956
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from 75
Let's hope we don't have to listen to our manager telling us we have to remain patient as all the players are considering offers and we need the right player in. In late July as John Fenty refuses to sanction paying players wages out of season meaning we are desperately trying to sign bargain basement players nobody else wants. I have no confidence anything will change while he remains the majority shareholder.

I fear you are going to be spot on    

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
forza ivano
May 19, 2018, 1:02am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,142
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from promotion plaice

I fear you are going to be spot on    

I suspect fenty has more than met his match in jolley .as they say in northern soul

Keep the faith
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
May 19, 2018, 9:24am
Guest User
Quoted from forza ivano

I suspect fenty has more than met his match in jolley .as they say in northern soul

Keep the faith

Jolley is merely an employee of the club, of Mr Fenty. Fully expect MJ to be rummaging through the bargain bin once more in July / August and beyond. Then a stream of loan signings as we panic, moving on to 35 year old free transfers when the window closes and the noose tightens.

Sorry if I sound pessimistic as I rate Michael Jolley highly. It's just under JF we have actually been relegated from the Football League once, would have been again if Luton didn't have a 30 point deduction and came close again last season. If we do well, I fear we will lose MJ who like Paul Hurst and Chris Doig couldn't get away from him fast enough. And you do hear things, almost from the horses mouth about manager / Fenty relationships. Also, the six month contract puts us at risk of losing him to predatory clubs.
Reply: 12 - 14
Posh Harry
May 19, 2018, 11:06am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from 75

Jolley is merely an employee of the club, of Mr Fenty. Fully expect MJ to be rummaging through the bargain bin once more in July / August and beyond. Then a stream of loan signings as we panic, moving on to 35 year old free transfers when the window closes and the noose tightens.

Sorry if I sound pessimistic as I rate Michael Jolley highly. It's just under JF we have actually been relegated from the Football League once, would have been again if Luton didn't have a 30 point deduction and came close again last season. If we do well, I fear we will lose MJ who like Paul Hurst and Chris Doig couldn't get away from him fast enough. And you do hear things, almost from the horses mouth about manager / Fenty relationships. Also, the six month contract puts us at risk of losing him to predatory clubs.

I think and hope you will be wrong. The difference is that through Dyche and his work with the Under 23’s he will have contacts, and his personality and what he has achieved in his short time here will make a few sit up and notice and hopefully a few people will actually WANT to play for HIM. The only people who wanted to play for slade were his old mates (same with Wilco) probably because he was known for being old school, uninspiring and on the way down, whereas the opposite is true (hopefully) with Jolley ie young, new ideas, on the way up. This could make the difference in attracting a player who is young, hungry and wants to improve compared to being desparate and making last minute over priced signings such as Dixon.

I could be completely wrong, but at the moment I am still feeling positive, let’s hope it continues.

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
grimsby pete
May 19, 2018, 11:20am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
MJ will ,the best out of what he has got unlike Slade,

That worries me a bit because I think Fenty  see's MJ getting us a bit of success on the cheap.

I hope Michael can talk some sense into his closed mind or MJ  will soon get fed up and leave for better things,

I hope Jolley does not have Hurst's phone number because if he does he will soon find out we are not talking rubbish about Fenty.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.