5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
May 18, 2018, 11:26am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Regardless of what we say, Lincoln are in a far better position with us regarding facilities upgraded and their playing squad far eclipses ours. Jolley will make us better next year but he is no miracle maker.

Staying up with a game to spare, getting a hat trick (including goal of the season) out of Hooper, and uniting the entire GTFC supporter base may not be walking on water - but they are as close as you can get without violating the physical laws of the universe

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 30 - 47
Ipswin
May 18, 2018, 11:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from ginnywings
Makes a change from him rimming PH at every given opportunity.

Or Jolley

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 47
1mickylyons
May 18, 2018, 11:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Ipswin

Or Jolley

Nobody will ever accuse you of such crimes mate you hate the whole world.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 47
pizzzza
May 18, 2018, 11:31am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
So who will admit going on Vital to wind the gimps up?  

[url]https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/can-i-just-say.81155/[/url]
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 47
Ipswin
May 18, 2018, 11:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from 120790

After all, whilst we’ve been concentrating on hopes for survival, they was hardly pulling up many trees. Spent most of the season outside of the play offs and only just scraped in.

So just staying up was a success but losing in the playoffs and winning a trophy at Wembley (against a side one division above) was a failure?

Credit where it's due, all this point scoring does us no credit

Jealousy is an emotion; the term generally refers to the thoughts or feelings of insecurity, fear, concern, and envy over relative lack of possessions, status or something of great personal value, particularly in reference to a rival

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 47
Townee82
May 18, 2018, 12:10pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +87
The Cowleys always knew how to dismantle a Paul Hurst set up they used his negativity against him , so the cup win was no surprise , Wycombe will be coming back down their tactics of lump the ball into the box and bullyboys throughing their weight around is no replacement for skill , we will surprise a few next season as Jolley has that priceless commodities of motivation which we have so sorely lacked over the past few years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 47
forza ivano
May 18, 2018, 12:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Ipswin

So just staying up was a success but losing in the playoffs and winning a trophy at Wembley (against a side one division above) was a failure?

Credit where it's due, all this point scoring does us no credit

Jealousy is an emotion; the term generally refers to the thoughts or feelings of insecurity, fear, concern, and envy over relative lack of possessions, status or something of great personal value, particularly in reference to a rival

don't think i've ever ticked an ipswin post before  

even at 54 years young life can still surprise you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 47
Northbank Mariner
May 18, 2018, 12:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
IN RESPONSE TO THE Gimps post...

Lincoln, no idea of how to play the ball through the middle of the park and I'm sorry, but the Cowleys have flattered to achieve, not once last night did they get through Exeters defe.ce by playing football, all the time looking to get the ball into a position where they could hit fatty Rheads head....and no, I have not once ounce of sympathy for the fat B.......ds head injury In the same way I had no sympathy for shearer when whittle stuck one on his lip...
It's been the same all season and if that's all they know, of which I'm yet to be convinced to contrary, don't be surprised if Lincoln are in the boots we wore this year...
Anyway enough about Lincoln, time to concentrate on our beloved club, keep the positivity flowing and hopefully, enjoy some exciting, athletic hard working new signings over the coming weeks..
GTFC til I die
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 47
nealeardleyscrossing
May 19, 2018, 7:38am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -323
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
IN RESPONSE TO THE Gimps post...

Lincoln, no idea of how to play the ball through the middle of the park and I'm sorry, but the Cowleys have flattered to achieve, not once last night did they get through Exeters defe.ce by playing football, all the time looking to get the ball into a position where they could hit fatty Rheads head....and no, I have not once ounce of sympathy for the fat B.......ds head injury In the same way I had no sympathy for shearer when whittle stuck one on his lip...
It's been the same all season and if that's all they know, of which I'm yet to be convinced to contrary, don't be surprised if Lincoln are in the boots we wore this year...
Anyway enough about Lincoln, time to concentrate on our beloved club, keep the positivity flowing and hopefully, enjoy some exciting, athletic hard working new signings over the coming weeks..
GTFC til I die

There is always every board that has one, and a village is upset somewhere.

Flattered to achieve??  I think the Q/F of the FA cup, National league winners, Checkatrade trophy winners and Play - offs in less than 2 years is not flattering.
Whilst our football might not be that easy on the eye, they work with what they have, people have got to the Premier league playing that type of football, so it has a place. Liverpool had 82% of the ball against Burnley and lost 1-0.

He has constantly said that our style will evolve and with millions generated we will,I am sure buy better technical players. You were probably one of the ones on here last year saying we would do a Cheltenham, I am confident we could keep the same squad and finish mid - table. Its alright knowing how a team play, everyone does now - But it is another thing stopping it - Hence we got 75Pts.

Anyway I shall look forward to playing you again next year .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 47
dapperz fun pub
May 19, 2018, 7:57am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82

There is always every board that has one, and a village is upset somewhere.

Flattered to achieve??  I think the Q/F of the FA cup, National league winners, Checkatrade trophy winners and Play - offs in less than 2 years is not flattering.
Whilst our football might not be that easy on the eye, they work with what they have, people have got to the Premier league playing that type of football, so it has a place. Liverpool had 82% of the ball against Burnley and lost 1-0.

He has constantly said that our style will evolve and with millions generated we will,I am sure buy better technical players. You were probably one of the ones on here last year saying we would do a Cheltenham, I am confident we could keep the same squad and finish mid - table. Its alright knowing how a team play, everyone does now - But it is another thing stopping it - Hence we got 75Pts.

Anyway I shall look forward to playing you again next year .

Having watched the Cowley brothers with Braintree and Lincoln I think the loco as found it’s station and next season will be a hell of a lot harder, and yes I can’t wait to play you next season to restore normal order
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cowley’s Failing

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.