5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
kamakazebear
May 18, 2018, 7:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +469
Quoted from Grimsby2012
Why do people make such bitter posts. This screams but hurt to me. Lincoln where far better than us and deserved their promotion play off place. Just like we deserved to stay in the league. They may be a rival, but to make a post such as yours given our league finish is just embarrassing to see

Exactly. And why do people bang on and on and on about fan numbers as though it makes up for the different between Lincoln almost getting to the play off final when all we could do is scrape survival. Same with Scunthorpe, they're almost in the championship but oh, I'll forget that, we take more away fans. Just makes us all look bitter for anyone else reading the board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
buckstown
May 18, 2018, 8:13am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,179
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Townee82
Lincolns style of play consists of fire in crosses at every opportunity no plan b just wack the ball in the middle , it will take you so far but against a team which has done its home work and set up to cut out the supply they will always fall short ,they can't cope with intelligent well drilled teams .

Well Wycombe managed ok and will be playing league one football next year
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
nealeardleyscrossing
May 18, 2018, 8:35am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -322
Gold Stars: 4
I thought I was on a City board when I read all these Cowley/Rhead posts.

To suggest we have failed is ridiculous, Promotion and then a play off is over achieving as far as I and most Imps are concerned. As mentioned a small squad hurt us, and players that played were carrying injuries. I saw some football pundit say we were awful against Yeovil and we were, but a week before we had gone and smashed Coventry at the Ricoh in front of 3.5k away fans. Exeter were better and that showed, Boetang and Stockley were quality.

I see lots are thinking we have plateaued and that fans will fall off, I don't think selling 3k season tickets in 6 days suggests that and I would think we will probably surpass season ticket sales again. Cowley will have us very competitive again next year, and I would imagine we will be installed as one of the favourites to go up. We made 4 million profit last year and emphasised on, off the pitch investment , a new 1.3 million training complex, new corporate facilities at SB and many other things such as a new Chief executive.

This year it has been said that we will heavily invest in the playing squad, and I fully expect our playing style to evolve - I would imagine over the coming days we will release quite a few.

I am glad you have stayed in the league, they are good games between us, with a great atmosphere - I am also sure Jolley will improve you over the next 3/4 transfer windows. Personally I think you need major surgery to your 1st team, I am not sure I would take any of your players here and that probably says where you are at the moment.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
dapperz fun pub
May 18, 2018, 9:19am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82

To suggest we have failed is ridiculous, Promotion and then a play off is over achieving as far as I and most Imps are concerned. As mentioned a small squad hurt us, and players that played were carrying injuries. I saw some football pundit say we were awful against Yeovil and we were, but a week before we had gone and smashed Coventry at the Ricoh in front of 3.5k away fans. Exeter were better and that showed, Boetang and Stockley were quality.

I see lots are thinking we have plateaued and that fans will fall off, I don't think selling 3k season tickets in 6 days suggests that and I would think we will probably surpass season ticket sales again. Cowley will have us very competitive again next year, and I would imagine we will be installed as one of the favourites to go up. We made 4 million profit last year and emphasised on, off the pitch investment , a new 1.3 million training complex, new corporate facilities at SB and many other things such as a new Chief executive.

This year it has been said that we will heavily invest in the playing squad, and I fully expect our playing style to evolve - I would imagine over the coming days we will release quite a few.

I am glad you have stayed in the league, they are good games between us, with a great atmosphere - I am also sure Jolley will improve you over the next 3/4 transfer windows. Personally I think you need major surgery to your 1st team, I am not sure I would take any of your players here and that probably says where you are at the moment.

Thanks for spending the time to keep us informed of things going on at your club watching from a far what did become apparent was tactically the Cowleys don’t appear the geniuses we all thought.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
grimsby pete
May 18, 2018, 9:20am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,794
Gold Stars: 222
Lincoln have not failed just had a set back in the play offs that's all,

I think we had a few of those,

They will be back next season  there or there about,

Just below us  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
1mickylyons
May 18, 2018, 10:04am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,382
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from promotion plaice

It'll be very interesting how many of the recent fake Lincoln glory hunters disappear next season only having known success.

That`s an odd comment pp the Imps have had a fantastic Season I would hazard a guess there best in well over 20 years personally I don`t see them losing any fans at the minute if they get a bad start next Season then maybe?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
1mickylyons
May 18, 2018, 10:10am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,382
Gold Stars: 56

A fair and balanced post from an Imp.I do wonder though IF those Cowley boys will be in your dugout come August?
Yes they recently signed a long term contract BUT the play offs have most certainly unearthed massive flaws in there supposed tactical nouse.
Long term unless something changes that could be very damaging to there stock and personally I think if they get an offer they will jump due to being found out so to speak?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
GtfcGarner
May 18, 2018, 10:34am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
Regardless of what we say, Lincoln are in a far better position with us regarding facilities upgraded and their playing squad far eclipses ours. Jolley will make us better next year but he is no miracle maker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
fiveallive
May 18, 2018, 10:35am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
I'm glad Lincoln haven't gone up, I want us to get revenge for the beating we got at their place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
dapperz fun pub
May 18, 2018, 11:21am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Regardless of what we say, Lincoln are in a far better position with us regarding facilities upgraded and their playing squad far eclipses ours. Jolley will make us better next year but he is no miracle maker.

No miracle worker erhhhh
I’d disagree what he achieved in those last few games was a miracle, make no mistake without him we would have gone down. In his short time here he’s already in the community giving talks trying to change mindsets just like he did several players. If he’s backed we can push on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cowley’s Failing

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.