5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Mikey_345
May 17, 2018, 12:15am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,354
Gold Stars: 100
On one hand players are excluded from the 23 with the reasoning that it must be on “merit”. Then we name Welbeck in the squad, I think I saw someone point out on Twitter Ramos has scored more goals in the last 10 years than him.

Plus Heston and Livermore on standby - yet Heston has been injured and has not played huge part of the season and Livermore has been poor for a very bad West Brom Side.

Delph has played 1 game this season in midfield and the rest as a left back (hardly keeps wilshere, shelvy, lalana out on merit). So don’t think you can consider him a midfielder.

Main concern I have is IMO there’s only Dier and Henderson who I’d consider as proper centre midfielders. If one of those gets injured we are in real trouble. We do look very weak centrally so I’d have definitely taken Wilshere. (Never thought I’d say I wished Milner was available still - been in good form this year)

I’d hazard a guess that lalana will end up going. Usually one player gets injured in the build up before team is confirmed.

That being said I’ve liked our squads in the recent passed and look how we’ve played so happy to give Southgate benefit of the doubt until proved otherwise.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 46
ginnywings
May 17, 2018, 1:57am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
The thing with Welbeck is that he has a knack of scoring goals for England. Without checking, i reckon he will be the highest goalscorer for England among the squad. He usually plays well for the national side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 46
Abdul19
May 17, 2018, 7:06am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Yeah on looking you're right. 15 in 37 (Kane has 12 in 23). Only got 2 since 2014 though (although I'm guessing he's not played too many?)

I'd still take JJ Hooper instead though!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 46
1mickylyons
May 17, 2018, 7:12am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,382
Gold Stars: 56
For the first time in my lifetime they travel to a major tournament with zero expectations on them from the press or the public.Arguably they have only one World Class player and he is unproven at that level (Kane) but Argentina 86 proved you can win a World Cup with such a squad.When you look at how the draws likely to pan out assuming England get through the group stages it would see them face the Germans and beat them nobody to fear.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 46
Mariner93er
May 17, 2018, 7:27am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
Does anyone remember Sterling's ghost goal against Italy in the last world cup. I remember going crazy shouting 'we're going to win the world cup' before one of my friends pointed out it was a goal kick. I hope that doesnt happen again.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 46
1mickylyons
May 17, 2018, 8:26am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,382
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Mariner93er
Does anyone remember Sterling's ghost goal against Italy in the last world cup. I remember going crazy shouting 'we're going to win the world cup' before one of my friends pointed out it was a goal kick. I hope that doesnt happen again.

I thought Chris Waddle`s penalty went in V Germany in 1990 I wondered WTF was the matter with everyone
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 46
Posh Harry
May 17, 2018, 8:50am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,355
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I thought Chris Waddle`s penalty went in V Germany in 1990 I wondered WTF was the matter with everyone

Not sure that’s come down yet
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › England Squad Named

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.