Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
GrimRob
May 14, 2018, 10:43pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
I think it's very misleading presenting such exact figures with no explanation for how they are calculated.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 17
nealeardleyscrossing
May 15, 2018, 10:39am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -347
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from GrimRob
I think it's very misleading presenting such exact figures with no explanation for how they are calculated.

I think like a lot of your sensible posters on here have said it is rubbish. We probably have paid decent wages but we have the smallest squad in the league, which is hampering us now. An example is that Coventry have 36 players on their books. Someone said we had under achieved which is ridiculous we have just gone for a small squad of higher quality (Which I agree with). Clubs are much more transparent now, with FFP and have to release figures twice a year - Our chief executive said that based on this at the start of the season we had the 14th highest budget in the division, so we have over achieved, hugely. Its just we spent our money a different way. https://www.lincolnshirelive.c.....lincoln-city-1550127

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
GrimRob
May 15, 2018, 1:02pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113

I think like a lot of your sensible posters on here have said it is rubbish. We probably have paid decent wages but we have the smallest squad in the league, which is hampering us now. An example is that Coventry have 36 players on their books. Someone said we had under achieved which is ridiculous we have just gone for a small squad of higher quality (Which I agree with). Clubs are much more transparent now, with FFP and have to release figures twice a year - Our chief executive said that based on this at the start of the season we had the 14th highest budget in the division, so we have over achieved, hugely. Its just we spent our money a different way. https://www.lincolnshirelive.c.....lincoln-city-1550127

City have made a good stab at putting a decent squad together, sadly we made a right hash of it this season, the worst I can remember. However if I was Jolley I'd be rubbing my hands together at the opportunity he has been presented with. More or less a blank slate in terms of players forced on him and with a competetive budget even at last year's levels. With very few big hitters, 3 automatic promotion places, and the 4 beneath judged as success of sorts it's a great opportunity for any manager to make his name in this division.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 17
nealeardleyscrossing
May 15, 2018, 1:14pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -347
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from GrimRob

City have made a good stab at putting a decent squad together, sadly we made a right hash of it this season, the worst I can remember. However if I was Jolley I'd be rubbing my hands together at the opportunity he has been presented with. More or less a blank slate in terms of players forced on him and with a competetive budget even at last year's levels. With very few big hitters, 3 automatic promotion places, and the 4 beneath judged as success of sorts it's a great opportunity for any manager to make his name in this division.

I agree, I think he seems a decent fella. He will need to make you an attractive proposition but there are plenty of decent players out there. I would certainly think you will be top half this coming season.

I am pretty sure we won't make it this year but with a few tweaks I can see us pushing for automatic the coming season. As you say, hardly any big hitters coming up or down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
Limerick Mariner
May 15, 2018, 1:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.55
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,554
Gold Stars: 133
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Lincoln under achieved then paying that sort of money
It's the management team that's the problem - I suggest they go for a couple with more League experience - Slade and Wilko...

And the feck to Scunny and Bury pay on average £2.5k a week on pitiful attendances - how much cash can the Owner put under Financial Fair Play...?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
Cloudy
May 15, 2018, 1:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
It's the management team that's the problem - I suggest they go for a couple with more League experience - Slade and Wilko...

And the feck to Scunny and Bury pay on average £2.5k a week on pitiful attendances - how much cash can the Owner put under Financial Fair Play...?

Isn't it as much as he/she wants provided it is not in loans?

League One money is significantly higher from TV etc
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › League 2 wages

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.