RonMariner
May 14, 2018, 8:22pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,542
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
I remember seeing once about a bloke who needed to get to London (from Manchester I think). The train was ridiculously priced so he went with a budget airline via Spain!

Also remember being on a train to London that had no catering on board. A group of lads ordered a curry and got it delivered for them at Peterborough station! Bloody genius

There was the case of the Student who found it cheaper to go from Sheffield to London via a flight to Berlin than on the train.

What a terrible mess the trains are. Terrible rip off.  Some operators owned by foreign government owned companies I believe.

Time to re nationalise them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
AndyDarloFC
May 14, 2018, 8:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
I remember seeing once about a bloke who needed to get to London (from Manchester I think). The train was ridiculously priced so he went with a budget airline via Spain!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/30/student-flies-london-via-spain-cheaper-train/

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 14
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 14, 2018, 8:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Totally agree Ron. Travelling on a train abroad, is far more comfortable than the rolling stock we have. By comfort, I mean cleanliness and not overcrowded. I travelled to Bruges from holland a few years ago on a double decker train and it was bewildering how vast the differences were between that and what we rely on in this country

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
Gaffer58
May 14, 2018, 9:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
So what does the train whatch dog do, also why are the various governments happy to see the public ripped off, nowt to do with the VAT payments they make I presume. Also don't the government pump billions in subsidies to the train operators, as mentioned earlier nationalise them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
KingstonMariner
May 14, 2018, 10:48pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Also remember being on a train to London that had no catering on board. A group of lads ordered a curry and got it delivered for them at Peterborough station! Bloody genius

Me and a couple of other Town lads persuaded the stewardess to re-open the buffet car coming back to London from Norwich the day we went second in the League behind Millwall. Don't think we had much to eat though  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anyone remember

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.